Carrier and Phone Compatibility

Want to know if your phone is compatible with MyxerTones? Ok, here’s the deal: The only real requirements are that the phone can access the internet and that it can play real music ringtones (we don’t do MIDI because we want the ringtones to sound like the actual song you choose). The easiest thing to do is just test your phone. We don’t charge you anything, so go ahead and give it a try.

MyxerTones works with most newer the phones and carriers out there (both inside and outside the US). Unfortunately we can’t currently support phones on Nextel, Boost Mobile, Telus Mobility (Canada), and Metro PCS.

Nextel, Boost Mobile, and Telus Mobility have all disabled the ability for users to use downloaded songs as ringtones on their phones and Metro PCS does not offer internet access from phones on their network. It’s a real bummer beacuse there’s not too much we can do about this except wait for the carriers to change their policies or add additional functionality.

Here is a list of some “dinosaur” phones that don’t work with MyxerTonesâ„¢ because they can’t play real music ringtones:

BlackBerry 7100
Nokia 3590
Nokia 3595
Nokia 6010
Samsung A500
Samsung A970
Samsung E638

And here is a list of a few phones that should work, but the carrier does not allow you to set a downloaded song as a ringtone:

Audiovox CDM-8915
LG 5200
LG 8100
LG 9800
Pantech PN-215
Samsung SCH-A850
Sidekick II

Other than that, you should be in good shape. If you don’t have one of the phones listed here and still can’t get it to work, please let us know so we can figure out what’s going on.

in Uncategorized with 11 Comments

11 Responses to “Carrier and Phone Compatibility”

1. Anonymous September 23, 2006 at 3:54 pm #

Any word on the LG 8300? Before the website switched I was able to use this site, now it doesn’t seem to wanna send, and yes, I am a Verizon customer

2. Myk September 23, 2006 at 3:59 pm #

Hi, anonymous.

The LG 8300 (and all other previously-supported phones) are still supported with the new web design. The problem you’re having is because Verizon isn’t currently delivering any of our messages. We’re actively working the issue, and will let you know as soon as we have anything to report.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

3. febeblue September 27, 2006 at 11:36 pm #

Hiya,
    I’ve got an LG VX5200 and I can get the message but (as you know) it won’t let me save as a ringtone, only as a sound. Is this considered the same model as LG 5200? Anything we can do to fix this (writing our congressperson, seance, asking verizon politely) or are we just screwed until we get a new phone?
    Best,
    Febe

4. Myk September 28, 2006 at 2:22 am #

Hi, Febe!

There’s good news for you and other LG phone owners just around the corner. We’ve been actively working with Verizon to get better support for their handsets, and I’ve just verified that the LG5200 (in addition to about 35 of the most popular Verizon phones) will be fully supported for binary downloads (ringtones & wallpapers) as soon as we finish the last step of verification.

I can’t promise a firm date, but internally we’re pushing to have this new functionality in place in just a couple of weeks.

Make sure you have a valid email address associated with your Myxer account, because we’ll be sending out a note to all of our Verizon users when we get this in place.

Thanks a lot for the comments,
    Myk

5. Teison September 30, 2006 at 4:46 am #

hey,

I got a LG VX8000
    and im having difficulties trying to set the sound as a ringtone.. probably because it doesnt allow it but i have no clue.. please if u guys knoe how i would aprecciate it… thanks…..

6. Marsha October 2, 2006 at 8:54 pm #

Hi Teison,

Sorry for the trouble. Try resending one of your ringtones as a MP3. To change the preferred ringtone format for your phone just sign in, go to the MyAccount page, then go to Ringtone Format page and select MP3 from the drop down box.

Good luck. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
    Marsha

7. Anonymous October 9, 2006 at 10:27 pm #

I’m new to this but now I see that my phone isn’t listed. =( I have a Samsung A860.

Oh well… I am getting a new phone soon
    anyway so I’ll be able to use your site. =p

I think it’s great that we can make our own
    things to truly peronslaize our phones. =D

8. Anonymous November 30, 2006 at 12:17 am #

I have LG The V phone, I can get the message but only save it as a sound not as a ringtone or MP3. Anyone else have this phone and know if it works any other way?

9. Ken March 6, 2007 at 5:10 pm #

is there a problem getting the Blackberry 8700c (Cingular) to accept these great tones? Can download and tone shows in list… can be selected, but does not play.
    Any thoughts?

10. cindee April 9, 2009 at 4:59 pm #

Does anyone have a Sidekick LX?? and can you send myxertone rigntones to that cell phone. I want to buy a sidekick lx and i want to know if it accepts ringtones from this website?

11. cely May 7, 2009 at 7:10 pm #

Does The BlackBerry® Bold(TM)& the BlackBerry® Bold(TM) – Refurbished, allows myxertones to recieve ringtones on those both phones?? please let me know.