Verizon ringtones are being sent again!

Verizon ringtones and wallpapers are once again being delivered. If you haven’t received your ringtone, I’d recommend resending it. Thanks for your patience!

in Uncategorized with 16 Comments

16 Responses to “Verizon ringtones are being sent again!”

1. Anonymous September 24, 2006 at 4:20 am #

What was wrong?

2. Myk September 24, 2006 at 3:35 pm #

Anon – We typically send messages to Verizon phones with an email interface, which is different than how we do deliver to other carriers. The email interface to the Verizon servers got clogged as a result of a chain reaction of a few things on Verizon’s side and on our side. We were able to redirect through a different interface, so hopefully we’ll be OK.

It turns out that we actually have a much better binary interface to Verizon that will be coming online quite soon. When we get the final approvals done on that, we’ll have the same quality of service (or possibly better!) for Verizon as we do for other carriers. Stay tuned.

3. Anonymous September 25, 2006 at 5:23 am #

how long does it take to send? i’ve been waiting like an hour or so.. does it still take a while for verizon phones?

4. Anonymous September 25, 2006 at 6:44 am #

is there a reason why since all the changes have been made ot the looks of everything, that quicktime doesnt come up anymore to preview the tone ur making, and for me its just playin the same part of the tone im making each preview no matter where i put that thingy of what part of the song i want??

5. Myk September 25, 2006 at 2:01 pm #

Regarding “how long it takes to send”,
    Verizon messages should definitely be delivered within a few minutes. Most other US carriers are a lot quicker (since we have a carrier grade interface to them). If you’ve sent a message to your Verizon phone and haven’t received a message within 10 miuntes (tops!) please let us know.

6. Myk September 25, 2006 at 2:02 pm #

Re “preview isn’t playing selected part of song”:

We’ve heard sporadic reports that some users are having problems previewing ringtones when using the ringtone editor. Seems to be some javascript issue that we’re looking into right now. I’ll write a separate blog post on the issue right now.

7. Kurt September 25, 2006 at 10:47 pm #

Preview is working again. There is a slight bug where you can’t change the Start or Length of the clip and then just press the preview play button or else the last value typed in will not be passed to the player.

To work around this problem, enter the Start and/or Length then TAB out of the control and then press the play button.

8. Anonymous April 8, 2007 at 12:44 am #

Hey i have verizon and i do have the pix and text plan. I’ve already gotten a couple free ringtones, but is it def. Free for sure? Or is my verizon bill gonna be charged up?

9. Myk April 8, 2007 at 10:21 pm #

Regarding “is it free on Verizon?” from Anonymous -

Yes, if the content says “free”, of if you’re doing “make your own” ringtones, we’re not charging you anything. For Verizon, the ringtone is delivered as a standard PIX message, so you may have to pay for that message (or it may be included in your monthly plan).

Hope that helps!
    Myk

10. andy June 18, 2008 at 5:23 pm #

heyy how do you download the ringtones? i don’t know how to download them to my pc.

11. andy June 18, 2008 at 5:26 pm #

well let me refraize that last comment how to you download a customized ringtone?

12. tim June 18, 2008 at 10:24 pm #

Hey, when I send my ringtone through the email with the attached mp3 file and I receive the pic message to the phone, it does not play when I open, even though it was properly attached. How do I get the music to play… or the ability to open the attachment.

13. tony June 19, 2008 at 4:50 am #

Okay im havin the same problem as the other customer……
    I got sent the text (pic text) that said ringtone, But no ringtone played!!!!
    whats goin on?????
    I had no problem before and now that everything has been changed nothin works!!!!! Is there another website that offers the same as you do?? Or should i just keep tryin the same thing ova and ova??? Very frustrating!!!
    I NEED MY RINGTONES FOR MY NEW PHONE AND IM GOIN CRAZYYYY!!!L0L

14. calley June 19, 2008 at 1:08 pm #

i did alll the steps and the ring tone is not there when i go to play it and save it i think i might find a new ring tone website!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. alyssa June 19, 2008 at 11:48 pm #

doesnt it cost money to send emails to and from a verizon phone?

16. frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!! June 21, 2008 at 5:54 pm #

okay, i dont know whats wrong with my phone, i have a razr, and i was extremely happy to see the video, i followed all of the instructions, but when it came to me going to call ringtone, none of them were in there. I might have a newer version. and i agree with calley, i might have to find another website, because im going crazy, i neeeeeed a ringtone, i just got the phone, and i dont want to have to pay, but i think i might have to do that.