We’ve moved to a new office!

Now that the move is over, I feel safe in telling everying out there that – until this week – the company behind MyxerTones was operated out of a two bedroom suburban home in South Florida. Really. It’s not that we weren’t a serious operation – oh, if anything, we’re deadly serious people – it’s just that, well, it was a really comfortable house.

Of course, that only works for the first dozen or so employees, and it’s funny to tell reporters and business partners and recruits that you’re “the second house on the right” after turning off the main road. And let me tell you something: if you live in South Florida, you’ve got to be by the water. So we said, wouldn’t it be really sweet if we could actually work by the beach? So, we packed up the U-Haul:

…and moved into our new digs, complete with top floor view of the atlantic ocean and the Deerfield Beach fishing pier. Kick in some surfboards, and this is the kind of place where you can really be happy you’re at work:

I want to tell you a little more about how much fun we had at SxSW, but everybody’s pretty beat right now, what with the move and the festivities and everything else going on. So I’ll save that for another day. In the meantime, we’re delivering more ringtones every day than we did for like the first year we were in operation. So have a great time and make yourself some sweet tones. We’ll be surfing!

in news with 10 Comments

10 Responses to “We’ve moved to a new office!”

1. Anonymous March 22, 2007 at 1:43 am #

DJANDMCS HOLDING YOU DOWN GET AT ME YALL

2. Arron March 22, 2007 at 6:18 am #

Congrats on the move. However, you guys may have the Ocean in Colorado we have the Mountains. Peace.

3. Myk March 22, 2007 at 1:14 pm #

Hey, Arron. Believe me, we appreciate the mountains, too. In fact, there was just an unofficial MyxerTones ski trip to Aspen a couple of weeks ago. You can thank laptops and a Sprint EV-DO card for keeping the site running smoothly during that time!

At least two of us lived in Denver for several years just prior to Florida. I at least had a chance to visit them a couple of times, and you’re right – the mountains are truly awesome.

4. Anonymous March 22, 2007 at 9:34 pm #

Hats off to you guys.I love to know about enterprising people like you.Wish you all the best!!!

5. Anonymous March 22, 2007 at 9:38 pm #

Love the work you have done so far.Anything in the pipeline about video clip uploading????
    kuku

6. Anonymous March 22, 2007 at 9:43 pm #

Verizon Wireless had been a thorn in my butt.And you are a slap on their face.A job well done.Keep up the great work and please do not get in trouble with any of these GIANT heart-less corporations.

7. Anonymous March 23, 2007 at 1:29 am #

hi thank you guys so much now i can have my favorite ringtones on my phone and congragulations on the move

8. Myk March 23, 2007 at 2:54 am #

You guys are the greatest. That’s why I love my job!

kuku asked about video uploading: we do already have functionality that lets our MyxerIndies upload videos and distribute them, but we haven’t yet exposed that to the “make your own” crowd. If you’re really dying for some specific video functionality, please send a note to our support alias and we’ll see about hooking you up with some beta functionality.

Thanks to all for the kind words!

9. Christine March 23, 2007 at 3:30 am #

Congrats on the move! I didn’t know you guys were located in Deerfield! I’ll wave at you guys while catching some rays by the pier ;)

10. Greg April 1, 2007 at 3:25 pm #

Congrats on the move guys! Ocean views… im jealous :)