Verizon yuckiness

Well, it seems like Verizon has changed something recently which is causing some of the ringtones we are sending to be delivered as QCP files (which typically don’t sound as good).

[UPDATE 4/21: We think we've worked around Verizon's changes and gotten things working again. If you have a Verizon phone, make sure you've specified your phone model on the phone details page so that we can twiddle the right bits to get ringtones to you correctly.]

This is happening on the Motorola V3 Razr, Motorola V325, and possibly some other phones. There also seems to be something weird happening with the Samsung A950. That phone just doesn’t seem to be working anymore. We’ve had some users tell us that they are getting errors when they receive the message on their phone and others say that there is no sound attached. Aarg!

Please let us know if you are are having any problems or if you have found a new ringtone format that works better for your Verizon phone.

In the meantime, we are trying everything we can think of on our end. We’ll let you know if we find anything. Stay tuned…

in news,verizon wireless with 130 Comments

130 Responses to “Verizon yuckiness”

1. Andy April 19, 2007 at 10:07 pm #

Please help us out! I have a Verizon RAZR and loved the use of your ringtones.. Damn Verizon!! (But thanks for all you do!)

2. Anonymous April 19, 2007 at 10:34 pm #

I agree with andy verizon is a bitch they are doin that so we cant make our way around having to buy $2.00 ringtones its a scam everybody swithc to cingular!

3. Myk April 20, 2007 at 12:53 am #

It might be too early to know for sure whether this was an intentional action on Verizon’s part, a reflection of incompetance, or what. We’re going to keep working on this and let everyone know what we find out.

4. Ana April 20, 2007 at 1:09 am #

I have a samsung A950 and they arent working with that phone anymore :(
    it just says there’s “no media attached”. it sucks.

5. kristina April 20, 2007 at 1:19 am #

i got the text with the ringtone but then wen i went to see if it was there it wasnt… sucks butt!

6. Anonymous April 20, 2007 at 1:33 am #

use AMR or AWB when you send songs to an A950 Samsung…worked for me.

7. Polaris Supernova April 20, 2007 at 4:38 am #

A950 Samsung, thank you person who left the comment before me, you are amazing. I tried the amr and I finally got it on my phone, but it sounded crummy. But AWB is perfect and sends, use it, it WORKS!

8. Anonymous April 20, 2007 at 8:01 am #

Verizon chocolate phones are not working either. I receive the picture message but there is no sound attached.

9. Anonymous April 20, 2007 at 6:18 pm #

i have the LG 8600 which is one of the enwer phones i just used it and it works fine on my phone

10. Anonymous April 20, 2007 at 6:50 pm #

HA to all of you =] i have the enV..mine still work lke a charm <333

11. Bill April 20, 2007 at 10:38 pm #

An update, the good news is that the Verizon phones that used to be able to download ringtones are working again. Some phones (like the RAZR) don’t sound as good as they used to, but at least you can get the ringtones on your phone. If you’re still having problems, make sure you’ve selected the correct phone on the my account page. And if you’re still having problems, let us know.

12. Anonymous April 21, 2007 at 3:47 am #

I have a krazer and it works just fine as well, paying extra formy phone paid off!

13. Anonymous April 21, 2007 at 6:45 pm #

chocolate phones are not working … i get the message, but there is absolutely no sound. will this be fixed soon?

14. Myk April 21, 2007 at 7:21 pm #

Re: Chocolate not working.

I think Mr. Cocoa should indeed be working now. Verizon users are the only ones that have to specify the phone that they use – make sure you’ve specified your phone model on the phone details page.

Now, I’m not sure whether it was the same anonymous or another one that reported the same problem earlier…In any case, I think you should be working, and if not, please send us a note if you are still having problems.

15. Ally April 22, 2007 at 5:10 pm #

I have the Motorola Razr, but for some reason, the ringtone quality sent to my phone is very hard to hear. I’ve already changed my settings and it’s still the same. :\

16. Kyle April 22, 2007 at 11:31 pm #

The Verison Motorola V325 is being gay too with the little QCP crap or whatever. please check it out. mucho apperciated

17. Anonymous April 23, 2007 at 5:49 am #

I have the SCH-A950 and yes there is something wrong with how it recieves ringtones now. Sometime it does say that there is no sound attached and I tried one today and it came back really horrible sounding. Anybody have any suggestions for a fix? I appreciate the site more than you know. Verizon is always trying to screw it’s customers with ringtone fees. Any help?

18. Anonymous April 23, 2007 at 4:08 pm #

the ringtones are definitely still not working for the chocolate

19. Bill April 23, 2007 at 5:33 pm #

We’ve verified that the Samsung SCH-A950 and the Chocolate (LG VX8500) are able to receive ringtones. They may not sound as good as they used to, but you should be able to receive them and set them as ringtones. The trick is that you now have to select your phone on the phone details page. If you’ve already selected your phone and it’s not working, please contact Myxer Support with the details of what you’re seeing so we can get things working for you.

20. Anonymous April 23, 2007 at 9:03 pm #

I have Verizon, Motorola razr, and its totally not working, still.
    I’m ganna go crazy. It’s been like this for the past two weeks.
    PLEASE FIX IT FAST!

21. Anonymous April 24, 2007 at 4:51 am #

Its Really making Me mad Like 2 weeks Ago It Worked Fine Then It Went Back To qcp I Hate That I Want So Real Sound To My Ringtones please Fix It And Let me know When You Do

22. Ryan April 24, 2007 at 5:14 am #

My Verizon RAZR still receives songs as QCP which might as well be belly button lint seeing you can’t hear the ringtone when you set it to play. Is there no way to make the mp3s turn back into MIDs? This blows…

23. Samantha April 24, 2007 at 4:24 pm #

Mine will only save as qcp on my RAZR V3C on Verizon. Even when my husband sends them from his LG (Which saves as MID w/ Verizon) to my phone…my phone still only saves as qcp! It sounds like CRAP!! I can hear them but the sound is so distorted that I can’t stand to listen to it at all!

24. dnows32 April 24, 2007 at 11:04 pm #

Yeah my chocolate isn’t working anymore, so verizon had to have done something. but thanks for all the ringtones to this point. hopefully this can be fixed.

25. Anonymous April 25, 2007 at 3:31 am #

I KNOW THE ANSWER send it in an .amr format!

26. Samantha April 25, 2007 at 6:47 pm #

sending it in .amr format didn’t make mine sound any better on my RAZR….if anything, it sounded worse than the qcp. i am going to try sending in other formats to see if any others work any better.

27. Samantha April 25, 2007 at 10:08 pm #

No luck…oh well, hopefully there will be a fix someday. In the meantime, thanks for all the great ringtones to this point…getting them through Verizon would have cost an arm and a leg.

28. Katie April 26, 2007 at 12:39 am #

Really nothing more we can do but wait until some kinda magic happens…this site is still doing a great job providing ringtones so we don’t have to pay a crummy fee…hopefully it’ll start working again soon!!

29. Anonymous April 26, 2007 at 2:04 am #

I have a chocolate and its not sending it as a sound file..

30. Oh So Fresh April 26, 2007 at 4:02 am #

I’m not too sure why we’re not all using the greater than great T-mobile.

31. Bran April 26, 2007 at 2:28 pm #

I just got the new Samsung s-620 w/ verizon, and it works great!!! THANKS!!!

32. Anonymous April 26, 2007 at 9:22 pm #

i have a razor through verizon, my ringtones sound fuzzy or something. it sucks! but keep up the good work myxer!

33. Anonymous April 27, 2007 at 12:01 am #

I have a 2yr old samsung a950 with verizon and just got 2 ringtones and they both work just fine.

34. Anonymous April 27, 2007 at 1:07 am #

The verizon E815 seems to be working just fine for me.

35. Anonymous April 27, 2007 at 1:31 am #

Man i got a verizon razr and its being formatted in qcp and it sounds like crap compared to what they used to sound like.

36. Anonymous April 27, 2007 at 7:57 pm #

I have the new ENVY from verizon. At first I had the V (9800) and I couldn’t get the ringtones but now with the ENVY (9900) it works just fine!

37. mrk April 28, 2007 at 12:46 am #

OMFG no wonder why it’s @!#$@#$ up!!!! STUPID VERIZON… CURSE U!!!! Good thing i got my favorite ringtone jus in time… i wish there was someway to get the real ringtone to be as a midi format and play as a midi format… sooo frustrating… i thought i changed a setting on my phone or something…. i’ve tried this method where u change the file name to mid.. and sent it with email… and it had nothing on it….

38. Anonymous April 28, 2007 at 9:33 pm #

P.S. ATTENTION: If you have the Sch-1950, change format from aac to wav

39. Bryan April 29, 2007 at 12:25 pm #

I need a bit of advice as a newbie here… I’m getting ready to change out my LG-8100 for a Samsung SCH u-740. Is there ANY good way to transfer my ringtones that I already have to the new phone? And can I post them here?

Thanks all for your help!

40. Anonymous April 29, 2007 at 4:51 pm #

I have an Verizon LG. Everything works great! My son has a Verizon Razr. The ringtones all work but the sound quality isn’t very good. Love the website!

41. Lil miss. harlem April 29, 2007 at 7:32 pm #

I have Pantech pn215…and i cant get no ringtones from myxer…damn verizon get on my damn nerves…i cant take this…plese find a way to get arond this crap

42. Anonymous April 30, 2007 at 3:22 am #

i have one of the LG verizon phones and it’s on the list of phones that aren’t compatible so can you fix this??

43. Anonymous April 30, 2007 at 5:27 am #

I have a razor from verizon and up until today the sound quality was perfect, but now it isn’t as good.

44. jen April 30, 2007 at 10:41 pm #

Does anyone have the LG VX9400 from verizon? Can you get ringtones on it?

45. Vanessa May 1, 2007 at 1:43 am #

ugh, I have a verizon phone (razr) and I’ve tried everything but my ringtones are always in QCP format… is there anyway to fix this?

46. Anonymous May 1, 2007 at 11:24 am #

verizon razr v3m here! i agree. it sounds like total crap. this site is definately the best i’ve came across though. hopefully it’ll work out later. i can’t stand to use the ringers that are already on the phone though.

47. Anonymous May 1, 2007 at 2:50 pm #

Another V3m user here. Please tell me y’all are close to a fix.

48. Anonymous May 1, 2007 at 7:44 pm #

Verizon has an unusual format for their ringtones called .mid, if that helps the problem at all.

49. mrk May 1, 2007 at 11:58 pm #

gooshh… i still don’t want to rely on those hack the phone with motorola phone tools YET… I’m still waiting for a solution still…

50. Anonymous May 2, 2007 at 4:22 am #

I hope that the problem is fixed soon myself. It’s madness to spend so much on a tone! Anyhow, the only way that I could think of bypassing the glitch is by finding some way of saving the clip to the computer, then send it through the email. Is there any way to do that? It may take longer, but at least there’s potential that it’d bypass the glitch.

51. Anonymous May 3, 2007 at 3:15 am #

i have the Verizon chocolate..and it doesn’t work at all. i am able to retrieve the message but absolutely no sounds come out of it! help anyone??

52. Tristyn May 3, 2007 at 2:51 pm #

i have a verizon razr v3m and i get the nessages, but they are all sent as a .qpc sound even though i override the settings and everything.

53. Anonymous May 3, 2007 at 6:30 pm #

Screw Verizon. I have a RAZR and I hate it. It’s a piece of crap. And now they decide to change all the formats to this QCP stuff. Verizon is a money whore and will do everything and anything in order to guarantee that you buy your tones from them. Damn verizon and all they stand for. Viva Myxer!

54. Anonymous May 3, 2007 at 8:13 pm #

I have a Motorola Q and have no problems with the downloads

55. Arkane Fox May 5, 2007 at 11:55 am #

Gee, I wish I would have seen this sooner. I’ve got a Motorola V325 and I had been thinking it was your site. One file showed up as a .aac, but the rest of them have been .qcp.

56. Anonymous May 5, 2007 at 2:06 pm #

RAZR V3 here and they are still coming thru as .qcp and sound like crap. Help!

57. Danielle May 5, 2007 at 6:06 pm #

I have a nokia 6256i and when i get ringtones, i can’t use them as ringtones, they just get saved into my gallery as a music file. any suggestions?

58. Anonymous May 5, 2007 at 9:56 pm #

I have the Chocolate and everything works great for me. This site ROX!!!

59. Anonymous May 7, 2007 at 4:59 am #

i have the Lg 9800 i can click on the 9900 and get the ringtone but, i cant set it as a ringtone. please help!!!!!!

60. Anonymous May 7, 2007 at 6:52 pm #

I have the samsung a950 and verizon is still putting them all through as QCP files even though I changed in in the overrides. They sound pretty bad. Any other ideas?

61. Anonymous May 7, 2007 at 9:07 pm #

I work for Verizon and not every phone is going to work, and if they do not every phone is going to sound good. its just the way the software is designed from the manufacturer on your phone. Thats why you need to get the LG-VX 9900 AKA the enV, it sounds so good with this phone. Thanx Myxertones!

62. Anonymous May 7, 2007 at 9:08 pm #

IT WILL NOT WORK WITH THE LG 9800, i used to have this phone and it doesnt work, get the 9900 the enV, it works so good like the dude said before me

63. mike May 8, 2007 at 2:36 am #

i have razr and i get the ringtones, but they sound really bad, like they were recorded or something, this suks, i wish it would work again :(

64. Anonymous May 8, 2007 at 7:18 pm #

All Verizon LG Phones are crap! You cannot use it as a ringtone! I have a RAZR and a KRZR and they bith work perfectly with Verizon. Go Motorola!!!

65. Anonymous May 9, 2007 at 10:14 pm #

I was wondering what was wrong with my phone because i have the razr v3c… i think thats what it is. I hope it works better now.

66. Anonymous May 9, 2007 at 10:27 pm #

ok never mind the razr is still not working. geez i hate verizon!!!!
    if there is any way to fix this please do!

67. yankeetrini May 10, 2007 at 2:11 am #

I think I love you guys….I have the LG chocolate and I thought it was something with my phone! I even called Verizon and cussed them out (and got a new phone). I was so bummed out when I found out I couldnt replace my songs!! Thank you sooo much!!

68. Anonymous May 10, 2007 at 9:34 pm #

I have the LG8300 and the ringers work great, Thanks

69. Chaz May 11, 2007 at 9:43 pm #

I have no co,plaints i have a verizon chocolate and everything works great. :)

70. Anonymous May 12, 2007 at 1:48 am #

AHHHH i’m soo angry my phone was working just fine and earlier today i had to go change the stupid thing because it keeps freezing on me…now i can’t recieve the messages. I’M SOOO RAWR.

71. Anonymous May 12, 2007 at 12:37 pm #

i have an enV, how do i make the ringtones last longer than 5 seconds, i use the wav file cause it sounds best but it dont play very long at all. can anyone please help me?

72. Sara May 12, 2007 at 5:09 pm #

i hate verizon, i was really happy with my ringtones and so mad when i found out they werent working anymore. please fix the problems with the verizon razr, i love your site and cant find anywhere else as good!

73. Brian May 12, 2007 at 6:23 pm #

i have a samsung u740 and my ringtones are coming out sounding like they are underwater :(

74. Anonymous May 13, 2007 at 1:47 am #

i have the lg 8300…n the first ringtone i got, the quality was amazing…but everything after it..is very static-y…anyone kno how to make it better?

75. Amanda May 13, 2007 at 2:10 am #

Blahhh, I have the EnV Phone, and they have awesome quality, cept for rock songs, if any of my songs pick up the beat, add some distortion and the ringtone is dead. But you guys are great for this, anyway!!!

76. Anonymous May 13, 2007 at 4:09 am #

Yeah, i have a LG Chocolate and the ringtones im getting do come to my phone, but the quality and very poor, this site is awesome just the ringtone quality is very bad.

77. Anonymous May 13, 2007 at 11:54 pm #

I Just Bought A Samsung SCH-U620.
    && Ive Been Trying To Send Ringtones To My Phone.
    I Put The Format To AAC
    Out Of The Like 50 Attemts.
    1 Of Them Worked.
    Everytime I Try To Send It, It Ends Up Being A .QCP Format.
    Or When I Open The Text Message It Says “No Content”
    && I Dont Know What Format To Put It Under Now.
    && Im Just Confused All Together

78. Anonymous May 14, 2007 at 1:08 am #

I have a RAZR and all of the ringtones sound really scratchy but I just downloaded lips of an angel and it sounded great… it was in the MID format or somethin like that…. is there anyway to convert all of the ringtones to that?

79. Anonymous May 14, 2007 at 2:01 am #

I HAVE AN LG VX 8600 AND WORKS GOOD ,BUT MY BROS AINT WORKIN HE HAS AN LG VX 8100 ,SO TRY TO FIX THIS TY =)

80. Anonymous May 14, 2007 at 2:41 am #

uhm…i have a LG (the v) and it will not let me have any of your ringtones!
    please fix it!!
    thanks!

81. Tracy May 14, 2007 at 10:05 am #

I had to get a new krazer cause my old one broke, came on yesterday to DL all my ringtones back and am able to DL them but they sound horrible and I can’t set them as ringtones, only am able to save them as sound…. HELP!

82. Katie May 14, 2007 at 11:15 pm #

Stupid Verizon..I’m having the same problem as Tracy. My Krazer killed itelf and I had to get a new one. I’m able to d/l the tones, but they wont save as Ringtones..help plz

83. Anonymous May 14, 2007 at 11:29 pm #

ATTENTION EN V USERS, WHEN YOU SELECT YOUR PHONE TYPE CLICK NONE OF THE ABOVE THEN GO TO RINGTONE OVERRIDES AND SELECT NO LIMIT FOR THE LENGHT OF TONE THEN SELECT THE WAV. FILE FORMAT AND YOU WILL GET A PERFECT SOUNDING RINGTONE THAT DON’T CUT OFF AFTER 4 SECONDS

84. Anonymous May 15, 2007 at 12:01 am #

try to get verizon up and going againnn! my phone isnt working either…i cant set anything as ringtones, i can just listen to them, and as short as i put them, i still cant!1

85. Anonymous May 15, 2007 at 12:21 am #

i have verizon and my razr works perfect the only thing is that the sound comes out the top instead of the bottom with these ringtones

86. Anonymous May 15, 2007 at 2:45 am #

the chocolate phones…they dont work. but if you have a friend who wants the ringtone also. they can get the ringtone from myxer and then forward the txt to you. then it works. i frwrd tones to my friend who has a chocolate.

87. Andy May 29, 2007 at 11:06 pm #

Hey.. I was on the website making ringtones earlier today and it had an update from May 25th saying that they were working.. I made one and it sent to my RAZR as a midi and then you updated your website.. After the update, it went back to sending at qcp.. What’s up yo? Thanks!

88. ron May 31, 2007 at 12:05 pm #

is there any hope for the krzr?

89. Alyssa June 1, 2007 at 4:02 am #

I have a samsung A930 and when it sends my ringtones to my phone it just sends the song name and who it is buy… HELP!!! What should i do??

90. Jazzy June 2, 2007 at 7:05 pm #

Well I have The LG VX8300 and I sometimes get charged for the ringtones because verizon claims them as theirs. Other than That I’m fine with myxer and verizon ;-)

91. Brian June 2, 2007 at 11:04 pm #

I read this somewhere and tried it… You can still make ringtones work and SOUND GOOD. I always sent .mid files (mp3′s renamed) using hotmail. Instead of naming them .mid, just name them .qcp. I believe Verizon ends up not compressing them because they are already named .qcp, and they sound just fine. You can still set them as your ringtones.

92. Brian June 2, 2007 at 11:04 pm #

I should have specified in my previous post that I have a RAZR.

93. Denisha June 3, 2007 at 9:00 pm #

Hi, My brother has a Krazr and when it sends the ringtone he is able to add on his phone as a sound but not as a ringtone, is there anything to do about that?

94. cory June 5, 2007 at 12:10 pm #

i have a krazer and its not working

95. sixgunzx2 June 6, 2007 at 4:57 pm #

Verizon LG EnV

ringtones and wall paper working flawlessly

96. merrittperegory June 6, 2007 at 7:22 pm #

the ringtones on verizon phone do not work if saved to removeavable memory card.

another problem i had was a full inbox or outbox.

and weird things like having your phone on vibrate mode when you open the message and then try to save it messes it up for me somereason.

97. Nichole June 6, 2007 at 11:31 pm #

I have a Samsung A950 and no songs are working! I only get the song name and that is it!! What can we do!?

98. Damon June 7, 2007 at 5:33 am #

Ive got the chocolate & I really hate the phone but it receives pics & tones without any problems. Love the site!

99. matt hurst June 8, 2007 at 11:42 pm #

i got the samsung 950 and the shit aint workin. I know ya’ll been havin problems with it before but how do i get it to work…or can i?

100. Katie June 10, 2007 at 2:43 am #

My stepdad has the Samsung A930 and i made him an account trying to make him ringtones and they dont work on his phone. But they work on my LG perfectly. I love love the ringtons! they are addicting

101. Em June 10, 2007 at 8:53 pm #

Samsung A930 doesn’t worek either.

102. Em June 10, 2007 at 8:55 pm #

Samsung A390 isn’t working either! Ahhhhh! i might cry, haha.

103. sara June 11, 2007 at 10:29 pm #

Now that i’ve read all the comments i noticed i’m not the only one with a freakin Samsung A930. i love my phone but i cannot get a ringtone. it says no file attached! help is there anything i can do??

104. caitlyn June 12, 2007 at 1:35 am #

it sends me the ringtone but it says there is no sound! i have a Motorola V325 please fix this! i cant use any ringtones now :[ and im not allowed to buy one! i looove this site.

105. MATT June 12, 2007 at 7:03 pm #

FOR 8930 US WAV

106. joe June 13, 2007 at 3:26 am #

My samsung a950 and it works for mine

107. verizon emplyee June 13, 2007 at 3:23 pm #

i work for verizon and all the new phones comin out have a new software so u cant save the sounds anymore. i recently just had to replace my samsung a990 cause it stopped workin and the new one the sent me alows the ringtones to come threw as Qcp files like was stated early but even when i try to save them its goes into my sounds but not so i can save them as a ring tone. i had verizon send me 4 more replacement phones hoppin it was a glitch in the phone but none of the phones did that. and any new phone bein sold now it wont work with as of a few weeks ago. hopefully u guys can come up with someway to fix it so it can. i write my own songs and play guitar and i love havin my music as my ringtones. all my friends have my songs too. it sucks we can anymore. if u have a phone that works dont change it and dont let anyone upgrade the software

108. Yonisha June 13, 2007 at 4:29 pm #

my mom is thinkin that since she saw the news that all these ringtone sites are charging 3 times the amount of money for the tones..do any bodi know anything about that..

109. Rachel June 14, 2007 at 12:07 am #

i have a motorola V325, and i thought you used to had midi files to send the ringtones as? that was AMAZING quality on my phone.

110. idk. June 14, 2007 at 2:20 am #

i have a A950…how do u make the file AWB?

111. Josh June 23, 2007 at 7:18 am #

i have the env and it was working just fine up intill mine broke and when i got it replace it was fine at first but now its actin weird and the messages just dont have the sound attached anymore…help! =/

112. toree June 26, 2007 at 1:40 am #

just wondering.. will these ringtones ever work with the 9800? aka the V? i just wanna know cause if its not gonna work im gonna stop wasting my time.. thanks =]

113. James June 28, 2007 at 12:32 am #

I have a Verizon V325 phone and i can’t stand the fact that the ringtones sound like crappy recordings. I dont know if it was on purpose or not but Verizon better do some thing about it, or i’m gonna flip!! i must admit that some tones are better than others, i’m not saying that the’re good but its better.

114. James June 28, 2007 at 12:35 am #

But the pix work fine.

115. Michael June 28, 2007 at 10:51 pm #

I have the verizon Samsung SCH-A970. I can get the ringtones on my phone and I can listen to them, I just cant add them as a ringtone. Does anyone know how to fix this? I tried sending the same ringtone in all of the formats and it still doesnt work.

116. Another VW Employee June 29, 2007 at 5:26 pm #

117. Peter July 1, 2007 at 12:46 am #

i have the motorola v325 and if u send in mmf format it works as mid file but it doesnt actually play the song…

118. NEa July 1, 2007 at 1:26 am #

My ringtones are good.I got a strawberry chocolate.SOME of them wont come through but the ones that ARE comin through DEY POPPiiN.
    THANX

119. laxgal77 July 1, 2007 at 2:45 am #

my samsung a950 is not getting the sound either just the name makes me sad please fix it?? :(

120. Justin July 2, 2007 at 12:34 am #

i have the enV and when ever i send a ringtone the first time… it doesn’t go through so i have to resend it. it works after this but i was just wondering if that was important…

121. Justin July 2, 2007 at 12:37 am #

“”"”Just because some of you are not able to get ringtones from your phone clearly does not make Verizon Wireless a bad cell phone provider. Verizon is “America’s Most Reliable Wireless Network Provider” and will continue to be. Yes I am a VW employee and could tell you from experience that when I had my Sprint and Cingular phone I had horrible coverage and MANY MANY drop calls so go figure…Keep in mind that I have had VW for about almost a year now and when I need the phone in important areas only my VW phone worked. So do not hate because our plans our so expensive, hate because you just can’t afford to be on “America’s Most Reliable Wireless Network:”"”"

- Another VW Employee June 29th, 2007 at 5:26 pm

^ alright anyone who says this is a stuck up snob. some people just dont have the money to buy things. i like verizon and everythin but saying that you can’t afford something…thats just wrong.

122. Richie August 23, 2007 at 7:18 am #

You guys I just found this out with help from a previous post here. And it works perfect, even without myxertones.

All you need to do is manually edit the .mp3 file you want, for the section of the song you want as your ringtone, using some sort of sound editing app.

Then send a pix message to a hotmail account or something you have.

Then when your hotmail account has your phones’ address, send a blank email but attatch the .mp3 file and send it to your phone. Walaa.

123. Marsha September 13, 2007 at 5:09 pm #

Hi Laxgal77 and Justin,

Both the Samsung A950 and the LG VX9900 (enV) should work. Just go to the My Account -> Phone Details page and make sure you have the correct phone selected. Then go to the My Account -> Phone Preferences page and make sure that the ringtone format is set to “Choose Automatically” (which is the default.

Try it again when you get a chance and it should work.

If you have any specific questions about your account, please drop me a note, http://www.myxertones.com/feedback/.

Good luck,
    Marsha from MyxerTones

124. Joe September 18, 2007 at 2:43 pm #

Has the problem with the tones not working on the VX9800 been fixed?

125. Matt December 7, 2007 at 2:06 am #

mmmmmmmk of heres a solution to all verizon problems. of course we all know the company is stupid. go to the verizon web site. go to messageing, then go to picture and video messaging put ur curser there. and the first tab will say send video and picture mesaage blah blah…..anyways when u get there u’ll see that u can upload stuff well click that button and it will say you need an e-mail so just put anyone down u have. mmmmk this is the funny part. u can upload jpg pictures, animated pictures and u can also upload wav files…..mmmmk now! pictures will always go to ur phone if ur a verizon user. all u do is just put in the ur number where it saids send to and u dont need a subject. mmmmk now the wav files. all u gotta do is find a wav file that is a ringtone and just upload it there ha! ur done now get urself some ringtones lol dont tell verizon this or ur all screwd

126. nicole April 21, 2008 at 1:29 am #

motorola razr V3m user here and the ringtones are coming through just fine but once i click on “save sound” and then go to my get it now section and click under my saved sounds, it won’t give me an option to save them as ringtones, so anyone have any suggestions or am i just out of luck and doom to be frustrated by this?

127. mooseque June 1, 2008 at 6:50 pm #

I have a Motorola Krazr and some of my ring tones come in as qcp or aac and can only be saved as sounds and not ringtones with Verizon account. If anyone has ideas how to save only as ringtone please let me know.

128. imusthavmyringtones June 4, 2008 at 7:40 pm #

hey everybody

I have sprint and they do the same thing on my samsung m300. they come in as a pix message, and they dont play! I have experience with Verizon though and they convert to QCP because the phones can only play qcp! If you want to make them better quality follow these instructions.
    1. Download audacity at audacity.sourceforge.net
    2. Take the MP3 or WAV file that you want to make a ringtone
    3. Trim it down in audacity to 30 seconds or less, to do this i put the little selector thing about where you want the ringtone to start, and fine tweak it, (select a little before or a little after) until you get it to the exact point that you want it to start
    4. When you have that, just drag to the right to when you want it to end. Your future ringtone should be highlighted now.
    5. I would play around with effects a little (although i didnt, bc i didnt no about them until recently) specificly high pass filter and normalize to get best sound quality. they can be found in the effects menu.
    6. ohh sry you will also need the lame mp3 encoder if you are going to do this with a mp3 to get it google lame_enc.dll download to get it then save it to somewhere where you can remember (i saved it to my documents) then back in audacity go to edit/preferences/file formats then under mp3 export setup click find library and find lame_enc.dll on your computer and click open
    7. Then when you are happy go to file/export SELECTION as mp3 (selection, very important) or file/export selection as wav if you dont want to get lame or if you arnt working with an mp3, (but this guide is covering mp3)
    8. When you have your mp3 ringtone, go to media-convert.com and upload your file, select purevoice qcp as output format, click ok, in a few seconds, something will come up, leave the first setting alone but turn the second one ON (it makes the ringtone sound better), click ok, and in a few seconds you can download your qcp ringtone. (for verizon you dont have to go through the conversion if you r using vzwpix, bc it converts them 4 u but if u want 2 save them as a ringtone, convert online)
    9. Get a method of transferring to your phone, i used a usb cable but you can also use pix msging, bluetooth, infered etc. usb cable might be hard to come by so to get one search ebay for your phone make and model here usb cable. make sure it comes with a driver b4 u buy tho! ur probably gonna need a microsd card 2 if u hav a phone such as the EnV aka vx9900. suprisingly, most phones from verizon actually support mp3s from bitpim, a shocker from verizon, because i have sprint and my phone only supports qcp :(
    10. if u r using cable or blutooth, download bitpim from bitpim.org
    11. to find out how to do it for verizon phones, you can go to help/tour/on the left side phones find your phone (if its not in there i cant help u) and if your with verizon ur gonna be interested in howtos, (if ur lucky enough to hav a phone that supports mp3 ringers look in notes, then scrap the whole conversion process and good for u!) but if u dont then look in the howtos and ull find out how to save ringtones 2 ur phone.
    12. when u connect ur phone it will find itself if its in the list
    13. when u hav the ringtones where they r supposed to be in bitpim, go ahead and click the send data to phone icon, the 2nd one from the left
    14. ur phone will power down
    15. turn it back on and navigate to the mycontent/ringers etc on ur phone, and cross ur fingers! if theyre there graat! but if theyre not u have some googleing to do
    16. select the one u want, options/set as/voice call or etc
    17. and ur done!
    hope this helped u!
    little request, will someone plz copy and paste this on to a mobile phone forum such as howardforums.com cuz, well its a long story but forums dont work for me!
    thx :)

129. Dan June 6, 2008 at 1:20 am #

I have a Motorola Slvr (L7) that used to work perfectly with sending ringtones, but now only saves incoming mps as “sounds” and not as “ringtones”. Lame.

130. patty August 24, 2008 at 4:28 pm #

Try keeping the file under 100k, anything over that and verizon coverts it to qcp. hopes this helps.