Verizon yukiness continues…

Seems ringtone behavior has changed on a lot of the Verizon phones. We are getting more and more recent feedback about lots of Verizon phones being affected. We’ve heard feedback about ringtones no longer sounding as good as they used to, getting error messages when trying to download ringtones, no ringtone attachment with the ringtone message and ringtones can only be saved as a sound. We’re still trying to figure out exactly which phones have been affected and what, if any, workarounds are available.

6/12/07 UPDATE

We’ve got ringtones working (and sounding good) on more phones with the latest updates we’ve just made to the site.  Be sure you’ve set your phone details correctly and don’t have any ringtone overrides set if your phone is listed as working below.  Here is what we’re currently seeing:

Audiovox CDM-8940 works

LG – seems like most are working again but we’ve specifically tested the following:
VX9900 (enV)
VX8500 (Chocolate)
VX8300
VX8000
VX7000
VX6000
VX5300

Motorola – mixed results
working – Razr (V3), E815, V710, Krzr (K1M), L7C

sort of working – V325 (doesn’t sound very good, but you can set it as a ringtone)

We just tried the Razr again and the ringtone is saved as a sound but you can still set it as a ringtone from ‘Get It Now’.

Nokia 6315I works

Samsung – mixed results
working – SCH-U series (SCH-U740, SCH-U620)
not working – SCH-A series (SCH-A870, SCH-A930)

SCH-A950 seems to work with AWB or MP3 format sometimes

We have received feedback that AMR or WAV works on the SCH-A series so you could try those formats. However, WAV files are very large which cause the ringtones to be fairly short (6 to 10 seconds).

We are seeing new developments every day so stay tuned, we’ll keep the blog updated.

Charlene

in news,verizon wireless with 208 Comments

208 Responses to “Verizon yukiness continues…”

1. essence May 29, 2007 at 7:59 pm #

it doesnt matter if i change the format. it still saves as qcp

2. Jonathan May 30, 2007 at 12:23 am #

having problems with motoQ

3. Jonathan May 30, 2007 at 12:26 am #

Having the same QCP problem as essence

4. Tbreuer77 May 30, 2007 at 1:33 am #

Yeah, i even try and reset it evertime i send it still never works and saves as a qcp.

5. ryan May 30, 2007 at 1:56 am #

what about the samsung sch-a930

6. Vince May 30, 2007 at 2:42 am #

umm with the V325 phones…? how does verizon like change the sound like i dont get it and if they did, doesnt that mean u can fix it or change it back?

7. Cruz May 30, 2007 at 3:52 am #

I have a Samsung a930 and I was recieving ringtones just fine. Then all of sudden they are QCP format when I have in my account settings MP3 format. It’s makes it really irritating cause I want my ringtones. So please notify me when you guys get this fixed. QCP sucks and should not be a format period. It’s sounds terrible. Lets just stick with MP3!!!

8. Aaron May 30, 2007 at 6:34 am #

it will send to my phone but it doesnt save as a ringtone it saves as sound i have the motorola krazr k1m can you help me

9. Bangtango May 30, 2007 at 7:22 am #

Seems that if your file is 16 bit mono and 22,050 Khz it comes thru as Qcp when sending to a verizon phone.

when uploading a standard Mp3 128 bit 22,100 Khz it comes thru sounding Great!

10. Bangtango May 30, 2007 at 7:23 am #

sorry forgot to mention that first property is what ppl make when using Sound Forge and the instructions on a phone forum site.

11. Vince May 30, 2007 at 5:11 pm #

Y DUZ IT SAVE AS QCP!!!! its not fair!

12. Shellie May 30, 2007 at 6:25 pm #

Yeah, I have the Samsung SCH-A930 too. The problem with the QCP format is that it saves as a sound, and not a ringtone. So even if I wanted to save the ringtone (which I wouldn’t because it sounds like crap), I couldn’t because it’s the wrong format. Also, my ringtones that I’ve gotten, even in QCP format, are only like 10 seconds long when I make mines 35 seconds each time. I have been a regular user for quite some time and have never had my ringtones cut down so much. Also, the ringtone volume link on the customize page is down.

13. adrian May 30, 2007 at 7:31 pm #

the MID format works great on verizon phones.one day when i sent a ringtones from here it was MID and sounded great the next it was QCP and sounded like crap please fix it
    THANKX

14. phil May 30, 2007 at 7:52 pm #

15. Ron May 31, 2007 at 12:49 am #

no luck. krzr

16. Josh May 31, 2007 at 2:38 am #

i am just wondering if anyone know is there issues with the samsung sch-a870 i am with verizon and lookin to get a new phone cause i have the razr and i would like to throw it at a wall… but i just want to make sure that the phone i get is compatible with this site. so if anyone knows let me know thanks.

17. tyler May 31, 2007 at 12:37 pm #

RAZR saves as sound and doesn’t sound good.

18. Y May 31, 2007 at 9:49 pm #

I have a samsung 930 and it comes in under flix n pixs but no attachment. ive tried just about everything.
    now i am gonna call Justin Timberlake to cry me a river.

AHHHH this sucks 1st Matrixm goes down and now i cant use you guys.

Verizon is pissin me off with this ZOMG use our ringtones for 5 dollars!!

19. jay May 31, 2007 at 9:55 pm #

anyone sending the file and not getting one. It says that their is no media attached. F*** Verzion. First they disable MID, QCP sucks and now i can’t even get a tone,. have a samsung a950 and it used to work great

20. kevin May 31, 2007 at 10:01 pm #

ya i have samsung a930 and its not working any suggestions people please

21. Sheree May 31, 2007 at 11:03 pm #

If you go to a verizon store and ask them to download the newest soft wear to your phone they will for free. I did this and am now able to get the ringtones

22. Vince June 1, 2007 at 12:23 am #

For the comment above where u went to the store…wat kind of phone did u hav?

and for BANGOTANGO i dont understand wat u mean by like Khz??? can u tell us more about that?

23. Vince June 1, 2007 at 12:24 am #

sheree thats whoo this is for, wat kind of fone did u hav?

24. nikki June 1, 2007 at 3:32 am #

I too am having the same format problem. it saved fine before but then all of a sudden its QCP! doesn’t matter what format I send it in either it doesn’t have the song attached or it wont save. What happened to MP3s? Where did they go and can you bring them back?

25. Alyssa June 1, 2007 at 4:17 am #

I have a samsung A930 and when it sends my ringtones to my phone it just sends the song name and who it is by… HELP!!! What should i do??

26. me0713 June 1, 2007 at 4:25 am #

i have the new LG VX8700 and when i download the ringtones it gives me the name of the song and who it is by and there is no attachment. Does anyone have this phone or does anyone know how to fix it!?

27. Y June 1, 2007 at 7:42 pm #

I went to the Verizon Store and they said that my phone had the current software and there wasnt a patch or anything like that.
    i r so sad.

fyi have a 930 samsung

28. Shellie June 1, 2007 at 10:49 pm #

For those who receive the messages with no attachemnts…

Click the link further up that’s in the paragraph: Try other ringtone formats **change format and resend ringtone**.

This should help. Of course not too much, because it still sends as QCP.

29. johnny June 2, 2007 at 3:51 am #

i have a krzr and it doesnt sound good as a mp3 it sounds better as a AMR and i cant save it as a ringtone

30. kayla June 3, 2007 at 12:57 am #

can someone please help… it keeps saying nationalaccess not available …whats that mean?

31. Brad June 3, 2007 at 2:33 am #

hopefully this whole not working ringtone thing will hurry up and end, cuz i don’t want to go back to those damn $3 ringtones which u can’t edit and make them sound the way u want to

32. Andrew June 3, 2007 at 3:45 am #

Hey i have the Samsung SCH-u740 and the ringtones soung GREAT!! =D but when i put my volume on my phone to the Max it sounds ok but alittle bit like caca =(

does anyone know how to fix this??

33. Carly June 3, 2007 at 10:53 pm #

ya so i tried EVERY different format for my phone and it wont work

i have verizon by the way

and yes so i’m getting a little frusterated…

any advice for me??

HELP!!!!

=[
    carly

34. Candy June 4, 2007 at 2:43 am #

All you with a samsung a930 i sent it as a wav format and it worked.. not sure if it will work for you..

35. the customer June 4, 2007 at 9:29 am #

i had an lg chocolate and everything was cool,i was tellin evetone about the site and they were lovin. now i have a motorola maxx ve and i can only save as a sound,it sux cause yall got some new tones i like,plz fix it.

36. An-D June 4, 2007 at 2:26 pm #

I have the LG9900, or the enV. and its really unexpected on how they are going to turn out. Sometimes they are good, and others they are not. I am a verizon sales agent, and i dont know why they are doing this, and i will look into it for everyone!

37. billly June 5, 2007 at 1:41 am #

hey, i have a moto slvr l7c and i can download the songs correctly and hear them, but i cant save it as a ringtone – only as a sound, which wont let you use it as a ringtone. is there any way around this? or possibly a different format that would allow me to save it as a ringtone?

38. Nikia June 5, 2007 at 7:14 am #

I have the samsung a930 and .wav does sound clear but it cuts my ringtones down to like 10 seconds.

39. Shannon June 5, 2007 at 5:26 pm #

i am with Cruz.. i can’t get mine to work && then now i cant even get them at all.. they come with no attachment

40. Cody June 5, 2007 at 9:36 pm #

I have the LG VX8600 from verizon and the ringtones used to sound good but not they dont i hope you can fix the problem…. good luck!!

41. David Wheeler June 6, 2007 at 2:28 am #

My phone wont support any of the tones… it lets me save the sounds but i cant use them as ring tones… my phone is a samsung a870….. please someone text me for help… 271-4488

42. ryan June 6, 2007 at 7:35 am #

get att.

43. Keyanna June 6, 2007 at 12:45 pm #

The Razr V3 is still not working right because it will only save the ringtone as a sound

44. corbin dallas June 6, 2007 at 4:18 pm #

when r u guys ganna find a cure for the krzer hurry i need new ringtones

45. Pre June 6, 2007 at 5:10 pm #

I Have A Samsung SCH-U620.
    && The Ringtones I Send Still Arnt Attached.
    && I Tried All The Formats.
    Please Help!

46. Pre June 6, 2007 at 5:21 pm #

Ok. After A Couple Of More Tries It Sent The Ringtone && I Could Save It.
    But Theres Another Problem.
    When I Go To “My Ringtones” To Listen To It.
    The Ringtone Doesnt Contain Any Sound.
    Im Just Confused.

47. Claire June 6, 2007 at 8:04 pm #

for the samsung sch-u620 if you change the format to mp3 the sound is perfect and you can save it as a ringtone. thanks for fixing it! i really appreciate it!

48. Jason June 6, 2007 at 9:01 pm #

i have the samsung sch-A870 and no formats seem to be working on my phone…the mp3 works but i cant set it as a ringtone

49. Ron June 6, 2007 at 11:25 pm #

please fix krzr

i love this site

50. Q June 7, 2007 at 12:20 am #

My ringtone I receive wil no play at all

51. Critter June 7, 2007 at 3:25 am #

Yeah… new Krzr’s definitely aren’t working. I just got a new one cuz my old one (got it in march and it received and saved ringtones just fine) was bunged up. If anyone finds a trick to get them working again, for the love of god let all of us Krzr users know!

52. Jasmine June 7, 2007 at 6:32 am #

That completely sucks. I have a motorola v325 and i depended on you guys for ringtones. now i have to pay 3 dollars a ringtone! Thats ridiculous! Is it anyway we can fix this problem

53. Brad June 7, 2007 at 3:27 pm #

Hopefully this not-working-ringtone thing will hurry & end, cuz i don’t want to go back to paying $3 for ringtones

54. Allison June 7, 2007 at 3:39 pm #

I have the new Krzr cause mine old Krzr bugged up and now the ringtones arn’t saving on this one. I depend so much on you guys for ringtons!! I really want this to start working again. I hate paying money for ringtons AND what sucks the most is when they don’t have the ringtones you want when you guys have them!!

=(

55. Y June 7, 2007 at 4:44 pm #

Yeah i have a 930 samsung and i sent it as a wav file but its only 10secs long!
    even when i changed it to unlimited or longer any ideas?

56. Zack June 7, 2007 at 9:44 pm #

Thank god i have rzr V3!

57. Trenton June 7, 2007 at 10:28 pm #

i have a SCH 930 and the only thing that will work i’ve tested this is if you send an MP3 sound and save it as a sound…verizon has stopped making these phones and they are so out of date already nothing else works…the only way to get a ringer set if you get it sent to you would be if you have it sent to your phone as an MP3…MP3′s are the only thing i can get to work on them i hope this helps people out and the site can get htem to work easier

58. Meg June 7, 2007 at 10:42 pm #

so basically i hate verizon! i have the samsung a950 and i can receive pics/wallpapers but when i get a ringtone it says no media attached ive tried every format but still no luck…. any suggestions??? please help
    Email me at princssmeg13@yahoo.com
    thanks

59. Cia June 8, 2007 at 12:54 am #

The V325 Motorola is having major issues as you mentioned above. Now, the ringtone message is recieved but there is no sound at all.

60. cia June 8, 2007 at 1:47 am #

omg…i can’t get like any new ringtones…its soooo annoying!

Samgsung Sch-870!

Verizon Wireless… We never stop working for you…yeaaa right my ass!

61. TRIDS June 8, 2007 at 1:49 am #

This krzr thing is garbage, i’ll go back to my old razr if this crap doesn’t clear out soon. If anyone has any idea how to override that saving as a sound thing please speak up and help us krzr users out

62. Trenton June 8, 2007 at 3:08 am #

I’ve tried to mess with my friends krzr but everything i’ve tried hasn’t worked…somehow you need 2 find a song format that will work as a ringtone even though it is saved as a sound…somehow my friend go his sounds 2 be his ringers from being sounds but we dont kno how just yet when we do i’ll post ASAP

63. Trenton June 8, 2007 at 3:11 am #

speaking of sounds….some sounds you can go to options and hit set as and then you can set it as a ring tone even though it is saved under a sound…please tell me you’ve tried this?!?!….look at your other sounds info like if it is a QCP or an MID because if it has MID’s then the only thing that will possibly work is an MP3….you save it as a sound and then go into sounds find it and go 2 options and if it has set as you are good 2 go just find out what formats work

64. Dionne June 8, 2007 at 5:02 pm #

for those with the motorola v325—change the format to wav and resend–you can not preview the ringtone but when you set it as a ringtone and someone calls it will play

65. Alex June 8, 2007 at 9:36 pm #

my phone is getting the message, but it wont download the ringtone and when it does it sounds horrible, my phone is a samsung sch-950

66. C Shlafer June 9, 2007 at 3:26 pm #

I bought a 2nd Moto 325 as a backup phone (since I really like this phone) but found I could no longer send ringtones to it via vzwpix.com any more and have them work. On the old one, I used to be able to email ringtones to my phone after renaming WAV or mp3 files to MID (not converting, just changing the extension), and it almost always worked. On the new one it’s hit or miss, but mostly miss. (The tones are either not there at all or arrive as crappy QPCs most of the time.) I’m realizing now when I read these other posts that it’s not the phone, it’s Verizon that has changed…

67. jodibug June 9, 2007 at 5:53 pm #

Palm Treo 700w works and sounds good. You have to go through a little bit to get it where it needs to be but it works.

68. V.H. June 9, 2007 at 8:38 pm #

HAXED!! — a workaround for Verizon’s yukiness.

So, use an audio program such as Goldwave and edit the mp3 down to 99 kb will be recognized by the phone and categorized as QCELP.

Q.E.D. Verizon pwned. Please, Myxer guys, feel free to share the good news.

69. V.H. June 9, 2007 at 8:40 pm #

I guess my previous comment was chopped off?

But anyway, yeah, make mp3 file size

70. bob June 10, 2007 at 12:02 am #

even tho i set my ringtoen to be 25 seconds it will only use 10 seconds or so of the amout i requested, is there away to make it play the whole 25 seconds of the song? i have a Motorolla v325.

71. stephanie June 10, 2007 at 1:49 am #

I have a Motorola SLVR L7C. I get the ringtone in MID format but it saves to My Sounds instead of My Ringtones and it can’t be set as a ringtone.

72. chris June 10, 2007 at 1:56 am #

when i upload my song, i can only play the same 20-30 sec section that first comes up. does anyone else have this problem. i have a vx4500.

73. Liz June 10, 2007 at 2:43 am #

when i send the song to my phone but it doesnt come with the song attached, i tried making it smaller and it still doesnt work and i dont what he problem is?

74. Kev June 10, 2007 at 10:09 pm #

Samsung A930
    I wasted dollars trying to get the attachment :(
    It comes with no attachment; Aghh!
    It worked just like a month or two ago…
    I tried making the sound under 80 KB but it won’t be attached.
    I also reduced the seconds to 5 sec but it won’t work.
    I did not try sending as WAV format yet because I could not find that option in Myxertones.
    So for the people who got it working above at least for 10 sec frame with WAV format, did you save the sound file as WAV and upload?
    I’m too scared to try and lose more money.

75. Shellie June 11, 2007 at 2:05 am #

Might I add everyone,

This is just another thing that Verizon has done to prevent their users from getting free ringtones. I know people who work at the stores. Most, if not all of them, say that the reason why many of our phones are encountering difficulty is because they want you to spend you money on Get it Now.

So if anyone with a Samsung SCH-A930 finds a solution, please e-mail me as soon as possible @ SuperStarPrincess5413@yahoo.com. Thanks.

Also, I have found that the WAV format really does work and comes in clearly. I just wish it wouldn’t chop the ringtones.

76. ciggie June 11, 2007 at 5:23 am #

I have a samsung A950 and comes to my phone but with no ringtone attached to it. I tred changing the format to mp3 but it still want work.

77. ciggie June 11, 2007 at 5:44 am #

i tried evety format and only the WAV format works for the samsung A950 yall need to check on that cuz the Wav format is a 10 second frame and i need more than that.

78. #1 June 11, 2007 at 12:17 pm #

LG v9800 doesn’t work? what the heck?

79. pack June 11, 2007 at 9:15 pm #

Any idea how to add as a ringtone on a Verizon Palm Treo 650? I got the MMS with the sound – but not sure how to make it my ringtone.

80. okt0ber June 11, 2007 at 10:35 pm #

Well there is a simple solution to all these Verizon problems…… do what most everyone in San Antonio has done… switch to Sprint!!!

81. harry June 12, 2007 at 12:34 am #

Any thing i can do with the Samsung SCH-A930 it was working about 3 weeks ago and now it is not and suggestions

82. Jakealicious June 12, 2007 at 1:44 am #

ok wat about the KRAZR? still sitting here like a duck buying ringtones from Verizon!!!!

and u dont want to know how big my bill was last time……………………………………

83. cody June 12, 2007 at 4:25 am #

i have to vx 8600 and it is bad too!!! fix it

84. Kitty June 12, 2007 at 5:31 am #

I have a Nokia 6215i and the tones that I send sound… like… CRAP! I hope, for the love of tiny infant baby jesus that you guys can fix this issue…

85. Sal June 12, 2007 at 5:35 am #

I have a Verizon Krzr phone and it finally allowed me to the sound as a ringtone. What i did i went to my account and put all my options to default and the website will send the best atttachment for your phone. Try it.

86. trenton June 12, 2007 at 12:52 pm #

my samsung SCH-a930…which is a piece of shit might i add i hate this phone….works only with mp3 formatted ringers….so if you just format the ringtone to an MP3 it should work if its under 20 seconds but that was about a week ago…i’m not sure if its still working now it is really easy though just try and use differnt formats so it can be made into a ringer….any questions or comments e-mail is…. trentongossman2011@hotmail.com

87. Jason June 12, 2007 at 9:17 pm #

i have the SCH-A870…no formats seem to work for my phone…any work arounds?

email me at jason14b81@aim.com

88. Shellie June 12, 2007 at 10:27 pm #

I would never switch to Sprint.
    Verizon may be a pain in the ass. But the service is optimum and they are very forward with fees. Unlike the sneaky hidden ones that Sprint has.
    It’s a rough patch, but our phones will be compatible with Myxer again soon.
    But I HATE the Samsung SCH-A930. S***ty Phone.

89. slug_bug June 12, 2007 at 11:37 pm #

i have a samsung A870 and i can’t get it to work on mine. it saves as sound but i can’t make it a ring tone. please help me figure it out.

90. Bill June 13, 2007 at 12:09 am #

We’ve gotten some more Verizon phones working. If your phone is listed as working in the 6/12/07 Update above, make sure you have the correct phone selected on the Phone Details page and that you have Choose Automatically selected in Phone Preferences.
    If you have a specific question, feel free to email support@myxertones.com and we’ll get back to you.

91. c dot June 13, 2007 at 12:18 am #

my krzr finally works! i was losing hope and was bout to cancel my text plan too… thank you guys… you are the best!

92. Jessi June 13, 2007 at 9:02 pm #

mine works but the sound quality is very low.

93. beth June 14, 2007 at 3:58 am #

when will the LGV5200 be able to get ringtones? i dont even have it marked that im a verizon carrier phone.

94. Amanda June 14, 2007 at 4:11 am #

I have a Krzr and it’s worked just fine for me. No, the sound isn’t optimum, but it’s a freaking phone, not a speaker system.

I save all my songs as sounds and have no issues setting them as ringtones. I would highly suggest that all of you having problems with the Krzr, go read the freaking FAQ before complaining. I’ve not had one single problem with this site or my phone, and I barely get service at my house.

95. merrittperegory June 14, 2007 at 6:10 pm #

the samsung a930 was having problems i fixed it!

change your phone details , type of phone to lgvx9900

in other words the enV

it works perfect i promise you =]

i love you all and goodnight

96. Kelsy June 14, 2007 at 7:30 pm #

I have an LG and there is no sound when i send these ringtones to my phone. Somebody let me know wats goin on!!

97. jankins24 June 15, 2007 at 1:38 am #

I just made 3 ringtones, and downloaded them to my Verizon LG enV, and they come through loud & clear!

98. chad June 15, 2007 at 9:47 pm #

SCH-A930 WORKS PERFECT WHEN RINGTONES ARE .WAV FORMAT.

99. nbien June 16, 2007 at 4:49 am #

I have a samsung A950 I found out that you have put the address in on the sms address: your cell#(without spaces and dashes)@vzwpix.com..I put my setting at WAV and they come thru fine but they are very short. I tried the AMR,qcp and MP3 and they do not work. I talk to text support @ verizon and said the format should be at MID…

100. alejandro ~dro~ June 16, 2007 at 4:24 pm #

I sent some and they came back as .aac on the razr v3c, but they work and sound good. sending a file name aac doesnt work though

101. Hec June 18, 2007 at 1:16 am #

I have a helio drift,,, any support coming soon?

102. luc June 19, 2007 at 8:49 pm #

someone fixed something cause my samsung 990 was not working but now its golden…Sucks for everyone else…

103. Valeri June 19, 2007 at 9:44 pm #

I use to get the ring tones now when it sends it no sound is attached!! Whats up?

104. Valeri June 19, 2007 at 9:53 pm #

I Have a Samsung A930 If you’re Having promblems, like someone stated changed your phone settings to LGvx9900

105. JENALEE June 21, 2007 at 6:15 pm #

I CANNOT RECIEVE THE SONG CALLED “FEELS SO GOOD” BY D-LOC!!!!! I LOVE THIS SONG, PLEASE HELP ME!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH

106. Charlene June 21, 2007 at 6:58 pm #

We’ve updated the default ringtone format for the SCH-A930 to be the same as the LG VX9900 so you no longer need to change your phone setting. You should be able to set your phone as the SCH-A930 with the default ringtone format ‘Choose Automatically’.

We’re still seeing mixed results with the Motorola RAZR and the Samsung SCH-A950 as stated in the 6/12/07 update at the top.

If your ringtones are really short (6-10 seconds), it’s probably because your ringtone fomat is set to WAV. We’ve had feedback that WAV files sound great, however they are very large files which cause the ringtones to be very short.

As for the question about support for the Helio Drift, Helio phones do not support direct ringtone downloading but we do have instructions for using Helio software to transfer ringtones to your phone. Please send a note to support@myxertones.com for specific instructions.

As always, feel free to drop us a note at support@myxertones.com for any specific questions.

107. Jose June 21, 2007 at 8:48 pm #

I have an audiovox xv6700 pocket pc and i just cant get this ring tones to work, i keep getting it as a qcp

108. JENALEE June 21, 2007 at 10:55 pm #

i can’t receive “chronic song” by herb-n-life

109. jenalee June 23, 2007 at 7:48 pm #

i cannot recieve andre nickatina’s “chewy smoke dope and rap”

110. jenalee June 23, 2007 at 10:02 pm #

i cannot recieve Breaking Benjamins “so cold”
    thank you!!!

111. Miranda June 27, 2007 at 5:43 am #

I just tried to send some ringtones to my LG Chocolate and now it isnt working.. It has worked perfectly up until now. I dont know what the deal is.. Anybody else having troubles?/

112. TrinaLBC June 27, 2007 at 11:32 pm #

Anyone know how to make the ringtones work accurately on a Kyocera KX2 phone with Verizon coverage? I get the pix msg, and can save the song, but it won’t let me assign it as a ringtone…any suggestions?? Thanx!

113. jackie June 28, 2007 at 4:13 am #

my samsung SCH-A930 still isn’t working on any format.. :[

114. uuugh June 29, 2007 at 12:40 am #

uuuhmm i have the LG chocolate from verizon
    and i used this site to get some ringtones
    a few months ago, however now whenever i go
    to download one it says something in a red
    box at the top and pretty much makes it clear
    that it will not send. suggestions anyone?

115. myxersupport June 29, 2007 at 8:34 pm #

There is an issue with Verizon not accepting messages. If you do not recieve your ringtone messages or you receive the error:

“An SMTP error occurred while trying to send email (GeneralFailure). Retry Failed.”

then you are experiencing this problem. We’re trying to find a workaround and will update the blog when we have one. In the meantime, go ahead and try to send your ringtones as some of the messages do go through successfully.

116. cait June 29, 2007 at 9:23 pm #

i have the verizon V325 and the sound used to be really good and now it is horrible and lately it sends the ringtone but no song is attached and now its not sending it at all

117. Da Rookie June 30, 2007 at 12:01 am #

Well i have the samsung a870 and it only lets me use the mp3 formated ringtones as my ringtone and also it would be nice if i could know if its a mp3 or recorded sound b4 i send to my phone

118. sarah June 30, 2007 at 5:53 pm #

why cant my phone work? its a V5300 or somthing like that. whatever the first pic is in the LG phone selection. anyway, it is incapable of reciving anything except wallpaper. why??

119. chris July 2, 2007 at 3:14 am #

hey i have the vx5200 and um it wont let me take a sound and use it as a ringtone. the file types for ringtones and sounds are different. the ringtone is a MIDI and the sound is a QCELP. so if you all could send me the ringtones in MIDI file type it will work.pce

120. Chrissi July 2, 2007 at 6:51 am #

I have the razr (v3) and even though I’ve changed formats numerous times, I still recieve a text with no sound attachment.

121. chell July 2, 2007 at 3:40 pm #

i have the motorola slvr l7c and it works just fine! thank god! :)

122. MSROCAJ July 4, 2007 at 1:58 am #

I HAVE THE LG CHOCOLATE WITH VERIZON AND MY RINGTONES SAVE A MP3 FORMAT.

123. majikklette July 4, 2007 at 4:43 pm #

i have the Samsung SCH-U740 yet it won’t work. i’ll get a pix message but then it wont open as a sound file -_- this makes me sad =[

124. the beast July 6, 2007 at 1:47 am #

having no luck with the g’z one…….any solutions?

125. ilovepeteandjoe July 6, 2007 at 2:25 am #

i have a krzr – itsaves as i ringtone nut its not very clear

126. Eric July 6, 2007 at 4:20 pm #

I have the Audiovox CMD8945 and i can save myxertones as sounds but not ringtones. Any feedback? Help?

127. jay himself July 6, 2007 at 7:25 pm #

i have the lg6000 and i’m getting “network authentication failed” still when i try to open the pix msg…should i change the settings so it isn’t sent as an attachment?

128. t.serkes July 6, 2007 at 7:55 pm #

for the past couple months I have had perfect ringtone downloads for my Samsung A950, but now in the past month, no ringtone format seems to work, I want to know what is the problem. it says “no media attatched” someone please tell me if they find a solution, thanks.

129. Chelsie July 7, 2007 at 12:27 am #

I have a samsung A850….and i get the text message and all, thats all great and dandy, but it wont let me asign them as ringtones, just sounds!! any suggestions?!

130. samantha July 7, 2007 at 3:21 am #

my phone still isnt working do u think it ever will it is a VX8100 cuz i would really like to have ringtones

131. laura July 10, 2007 at 2:06 am #

AWESOME site, but i have a samsung SPH-A840 and the QCP format seems to be the only one that works, unfortunately it sounds terrible. i hope you guys (and girls) can fix it when you get a chance! thanks!

132. Leesha July 10, 2007 at 6:40 am #

Why does the VX8100 LG not compatibale to recieve ring tones??

133. jenn July 10, 2007 at 7:23 am #

why the hell is it charging me 2.99 when it says its freee?!

134. ERIC July 11, 2007 at 1:52 am #

MY TONES WONT EVEN SEND TO MY PHONE, I DON’T UNDERSTAND, EVERYTIME I SEND ONE. I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE SAYING THIS:
    This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

7326744481@vzwpix.com

Final-Recipient: rfc822;7326744481@vzwpix.com
    Action: failed
    Status: 5.5.0
    Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550 SMTP connection refused

Received: from 124913-UI5 ([127.0.0.1]) by myxertones.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.3959);
    Tue, 10 Jul 2007 02:07:47 -0400
    mime-version: 1.0
    from: hatewontchangeme@aol.com
    to: 7326744481@vzwpix.com
    date: 10 Jul 2007 01:07:47 -0500
    subject: Umbrella (Travis Barker Remix)-Rihanna
    content-type: multipart/mixed;
    boundary=–boundary_19449_8eb0788d-cfd9-4d18-854d-dfd8a53bd3f6
    Return-Path: hatewontchangeme@aol.com
    Message-ID:
    X-OriginalArrivalTime: 10 Jul 2007 06:07:47.0594 (UTC) FILETIME=[A37C1EA0:01C7C2B8]

135. farmerbub009@aol.com July 13, 2007 at 3:41 pm #

ya this shit still aint workin for my samsung a 950

136. blaaaaaaaaah. July 13, 2007 at 8:23 pm #

for all of you people saying that the VX8100 doesnt work, you should try changing your phone setting on this website to the VX8300. they come out fine and i can save them as a ringtone, not a sound. they’re similar phones, and it’s worth a try.

137. Kevin July 17, 2007 at 3:23 pm #

If you have verizon phones and it saves your ringtones to sounds, then you can send the ringtone to yourself in a message and it will allow you to save as a ringtone.

138. Tra July 19, 2007 at 7:13 pm #

I have a Motorola Q, and I just started having problems recieving the ringtones. I can recieve the message, but not the ringtone… Please help! :o(

139. candy July 23, 2007 at 8:47 pm #

i am having problems with my lg chocolate i dont get anything at all. I mean i dont get no kind of text what so ever. Anyway is there any solutions for me

140. James July 23, 2007 at 8:52 pm #

I have a Motorola V325 (verizon) and if you go to your account setteings on the left hand side of the screen there should be a thing called phone prefrences. click on it and it will bring you to a screen. there are two sections. The top one is called Ringtone Overrides. there should be a box labeled ringtone format. scroll throuh your options. there should be one called MP3. choose it and most of ur ringtones sent to you wont sound like crappy recordings. hope this helps!! :^]

141. Zacck July 23, 2007 at 10:09 pm #

uhm yeah..my cell the verizon Samsung sch- A870…won’t set sounds i record as ringtones, why is it that it will set the sounds the phone came with as ringtones and not the ones i record? I know it has to do with the file type…i need to know how to turn the file type QCELP into MIDI. Any ideasss on how to set RECORDEDD sounds as ringtones on the samsung a870??

142. mikecleve July 25, 2007 at 5:56 pm #

Why can’t the LG VX9800 work? I can’t set them as ringtones

143. Natalie July 25, 2007 at 9:31 pm #

Heyy,,

I have the Moto Krzr (Verizon).
    && I was wondering if there is ANY possible way I can get to save what I send to my phone as a ringtone not a sound.

:[[

hheellpp.

144. Shaun July 28, 2007 at 1:43 am #

Any advice or back door solutions for the LG VX9800. Im pretty tech sabby and still havent been able to come up with any solutions for ringtones.. ANY HELP???

145. Steve July 28, 2007 at 1:17 pm #

I just got the UTStarcomGZ1 i can get wallpaper but the ringtones wont come through. My last phone worked great but i cant get any new tones.

146. alec reece July 29, 2007 at 5:12 pm #

my chocolate gets the song but no sound

147. ashley July 29, 2007 at 7:00 pm #

it will send to my phone but it doesnt save as a ringtone it saves as sound can you help me out

148. Joey July 30, 2007 at 5:24 am #

i have the enV its been taking a while to recieve the message but it sounds great on my phone. and the wall papers are great to.

149. mrs. butler July 30, 2007 at 3:27 pm #

i kinda am not worried.

150. Tamiya July 30, 2007 at 5:46 pm #

For those who have the samsung a950, under phone details, change it to none of the above, you should be able to receive ringtones in mp3 format, and it works just as fine

151. dhirah July 31, 2007 at 6:32 pm #

I have the samsung a850 and it won’t let me save the song as a ringtone, only a sound. and now i can’t hear the sound at all please help!

152. Rachel August 1, 2007 at 3:47 am #

bring back midi files for the motorola v325!!! it sounded amazing!

153. lemonade August 2, 2007 at 6:09 pm #

I have an LG VX5200 and I can’t send ringtones from the myxertones site. Is someone working on this?

154. andee August 3, 2007 at 6:17 pm #

what about the LG 9800? I can receive the ringtone but not set it as one? It only saves as a sound

155. jenalee August 3, 2007 at 10:38 pm #

i made a song by Chingy and never received it

156. Cody August 4, 2007 at 1:34 pm #

hey i have the sch-u740 and all my ringtones that i get from any website are always QCP and ive always had great sounding ringtones with the exception of some being to quite. and for those who can only save as a sound try updating ur phone and there should be an option to “save as ringtone” underneth the “save sound” option.

157. Reaia Reaves August 5, 2007 at 8:33 pm #

My LG 8100 says “Verizon has crippled downloaded ringtones and you can no longer download these ringtones” or something like that. And when I have the tones sent to my phone it will only save as a sound, which cannot be turned into a ringtone on my phone. Can you help me out so I can get free ringtones? Thank you!

158. biG-L August 6, 2007 at 1:17 am #

I have a casio G’zOne with verizon. I cannot get the file with the message when I try to downlo0ad from your site. I have followed all your troubleshooting steps with no sucess. Seems like a simple process shouldn’t be so hard! I can save them as a sound if I do get a file with a message, but it will not let me select to save as a ringtone. Any help would be appreciated.

159. calder vasold August 7, 2007 at 7:12 pm #

i have verizon wireless and my ringtones and pics are working great

160. Carmen August 7, 2007 at 8:08 pm #

I have a question regarding the quality of the ringtones given. I own an enV, and signed up for Myxertones about 4 months ago. I noticed that the sound quality of the ringtones wasn’t as great as I expected it to be. I really wasn’t concerned, because this was the only website I found that offered free ringtones from my own music. I was satisfied, although I wished that the ringtones were of better quality. Because I liked it so much, I reccomended Myxertones to my cousin. He owns an enV as well, but the biggest difference between us is that I only have access to dial-up, and his family uses a high-speed connection thst is extremely fast. His ringtone downloaded within a couple of minutes, while mine takes between 15-25 minutes per ringtone to download. I’m not complaining about my ISP, because my family’s budget doesn’t allow for anything faster than what we have, because there are little options available to us (we are a small town, new to Wi-Fi). However, he and I downloaded the same ringtone, and his seemed to be of better quality than mine. He used his computer, and I used mine. My question is, is it possible that the speed of an internet connection has something to do with the quality? I would like to know if there is anything the management team can do to improve quality for dial-up users. Thank you.

161. louie August 7, 2007 at 9:16 pm #

I just got a new razr v3m cause my old one broke and I can get the pix messge but the ringtone wont play. any help?

162. Sasha August 9, 2007 at 1:32 am #

Well, I understand that you guys are trying your best…but uh, can you work on the Pantech PN-215 PP as well! I can’t get any ringtones! Thanks…Peace!

163. alexx August 9, 2007 at 7:13 am #

i cant set it as a ringtone. but it sounds good. and i can save it.

164. amy August 9, 2007 at 3:34 pm #

i have a rzr and the ringtone sends it just doesnt play when i get the pic message

165. Jordan August 10, 2007 at 4:09 pm #

This is a joke. So I get messaged three times for naught and will have to pay Verizon a stupid fee for the messages, and I get nothing. Not to mention the fact that the “help” from this site was totally worthless. I already know you’ve had problems with Verizon phones. I also know I can shorten the length of the ring tone. That is NOT the problem!!! It says the file size needs to be under 350 Kb when it is less than 250 Kb! Is is that hard to understand!? If only you would pay Verizon the money they want from this scam, then I might change my mind about this ridiculous site.

166. Jordan August 10, 2007 at 4:10 pm #

ugh… I hate you, too, Verizon.

167. jessica August 12, 2007 at 2:20 am #

I’ve got a razr v3m and I’ve sent over 20 ringtones to my phone from this site, and they all work fine. I was upset when Phonezoo wasn’t supported but i fing myxertones works better. I’m not sure if it is phone settings on the others, but when i got the message with my tone in it it stared to pleay when i opened it up. i had to click “options” and “save sound”. then i went to “get it now” and scrolled all the way down and there were my ringtones. they play much louder and clearer than they did on my sprint sanyo scp-3100.

168. steph August 12, 2007 at 7:54 pm #

i have a samsung sch-a930 and when i download a ringtone it sends me a link to follow on my phone but it doesnt send me a ringtone. if i have get it now blocked on my phone could that effect it?

169. christina August 12, 2007 at 10:30 pm #

it wont work on minneee that makes me so sad :[

170. tania August 13, 2007 at 7:48 pm #

I have the LG VX9800 and i cant not save the songs as ringtones only as sounds. i do have a memory card too. Is there anything I can do to save them as ringotnes or is it just the phone. Will someone please let me know. thank you.

171. rachel_650 August 13, 2007 at 11:33 pm #

i have a samsung…and im also having the same problem with the ringtones saving as QCP.

172. barb August 14, 2007 at 4:24 am #

i have the samsung sch-a950, and it says above that that it works sometimes with different formats…i dont know what those are, or how to change it to that.

173. bill cosby August 14, 2007 at 4:47 pm #

I have the enV and a every time it sends one to me its says that the message can not be received.

174. New York Mami August 26, 2007 at 5:24 pm #

I got a LG VX5200 for verizon and i cant get no ringtones on my phone!!! help!!!!!

175. Marsha September 13, 2007 at 5:02 pm #

Hi,

Except for a few notable exceptions (see below) most Verizon phones work with MyxerTones.

Just go to the My Account -> Phone Details page and make sure that you have chosen the correct phone model from the list and make sure that the ringtone format is set to “Choose automatically” (which is the default).

If you have any specific questions about your account, please feel free to drop me a note, http://www.myxertones.com/feedback/.

Thanks,
    Marsha from MyxerTones

Here is the list of Verizon phones that don’t work with MyxerTones because the ability to use downloaded songs has been disabled by the manufacturer or Verizon):

Audiovox CDM-8915
    LG VX5200
    LG VX8100
    LG VX9800 (The “V”)
    Pantech PN-215
    Samsung SCH-A850
    Samsung SCH A970

176. Crooked I September 22, 2007 at 2:47 am #

Verizon has purposely done this so you have to buy their ringtones. Verizon is a good company, but they have changed their software secretley to make you buy their ringtones so you cant get yours for free or make your own….other sites are confirming this….I have had the same problem for about a year now that just happened out of no where.

177. Aviator September 26, 2007 at 6:11 pm #

Igot a new phone from verizon, VX8350, and is not on your list,
    can ring tones be sent to my phone?

178. Bre September 28, 2007 at 5:29 pm #

I have a Samsung a930 and still am not receiving my tones. Guess I can wait till the problem is fixed. any suggestions on how to get it to work???

179. Milialayfat October 5, 2007 at 1:40 pm #

Привет.
    Продаю персональный сертификат WebMoney за $99.
    Можете проверить: WMID 322973398779 Redfern
    Всё чисто, не одной жалоб. Сделан на утерянные документы. Всё законно.
    Если нужно, то есть сертификаты ещё.
    Стучацо в личную почту на Вебмани.

Это не спам. Не пишите на мой WMID жалобы в арбитраж Вебмани.

180. Milialayfat October 7, 2007 at 10:21 pm #

Привет.
    Продаю персональный сертификат WebMoney за $99.

Можете проверить: WMID 322973398779 Redfern

Всё чисто, не одной жалоб. Сделан на утерянные документы. Всё законно.
    Если нужно, то есть сертификаты ещё.
    Стучацо в личную почту на Вебмани.

Это не спам. Не пишите на мой WMID жалобы в арбитраж Вебмани.

181. lbb October 23, 2007 at 3:28 am #

When my Motorola V3 software was upgraded today, I lost all ability to attach or use any ringtones but the ones you have to purchase through verizon. I’ve tried looking at my account and do not have the options described above. I”m not very happy about this because I just discovered your site and absolutely loved it as did my daughter.

182. Nicole November 7, 2007 at 12:34 am #

I have verizon and i sent my ringtones to my phone and i haven’t gotten anything in like 2 weeks. This sucks.

183. zach November 14, 2007 at 1:56 am #

yea same here, just bought verizon service & i got screwed
    sales rep said i could save mp3′s on an sd card he pitched to me (and i bought for $19) and use them as ringtones.
    took me a few days to buy an sd card reader and now i discovered this is very wrong… now i’m double screwed and very angry.
    I think the problem is that verizon is blocking messages with attachments that arent from their website or another phone, because if you try to email your phone a song or picture, it does not work and results in an auto-reply error message of SMTP connection refused.

if you want to try, try sending a text with an attachment to
    @vzwpix.com or @vtext.com

184. zach November 14, 2007 at 1:57 am #

omg!!! hahahahhahahahahaha!
    as soon as i sent this, literally seconds after i got a song i sent 3 hrs ago
    ahahaha

185. cindee December 2, 2007 at 11:59 pm #

jus got 3 songs yesterday morning..

186. lentsgyrl December 4, 2007 at 4:35 pm #

What do we need to do to get our songs? I too am a Verizon customer unfortunately!

187. Matt December 7, 2007 at 2:04 am #

mmmmmmmk of heres a solution to all verizon problems. of course we all know the company is stupid. go to the verizon web site. go to messageing, then go to picture and video messaging put ur curser there. and the first tabe will say send video and picture mesaage blah blah…..anyways when u get there u’ll see that u can upload stuff well clikc that button and it will say you need an e-mail so just put anyone down u have. mmmmk this is the funny part. u can upload jpg pictures, animated pictures and u can also upload wav files…..mmmmk now! pictures will always go to ur phone if ur a verizon user. all u do is just put in the ur number where it saids send to and u dont need a subject. mmmmk now the wav files. all u gotta do is find a wav file that is a ringtone and just upload it there ha! ur done now get urself some ringtones lol dont tell verizon this or ur all screwd

188. derka December 7, 2007 at 9:36 pm #

okay well yeah you could do it that way but the file size cant be over like 3 mb and then it would only be about 20 seconds, not even worth it.

189. toby December 7, 2007 at 9:58 pm #

i have a verizon nokia 6315i & it says that it should work but every time i try to send a ringtone it says it is unable to =[

190. New New December 9, 2007 at 2:37 am #

my ringtones from here tured into a viruse and now it shuts my phone off

191. New New December 9, 2007 at 2:41 am #

i got my ringtones very fast and saved them to my fone then 5 mins later they stopped working for no reason at all so i tryed 2 delete them and then they wouldnt even delete so i decided 2 go look at the file info and it shut my fone off and i constantly kept tryin 2 delete them and they still wouldnt delete and kept goin 2 file type and my fone shut off now i dont kno wat to do or if i should contact verizon 2 have them erase all my phone memory cuz the ringtones may have turned into sum sort of virus

192. Amanda December 9, 2007 at 4:10 am #

i have a samsung u740 (u kno the one that flips two ways) ans so far i havent had ne problems wit the ringtones…they download like a few minutes after i send them and they sound pretty good… a bit on the loud sound… but still good…it might b that ppl wit older model phones might have problems…

193. New New December 9, 2007 at 5:07 am #

how do i delete a ringtone if it stops workin cuz i tryed 2 delete it even called verizon and nuthin they said helped so they said i gotta have mywhole fone wipped out and i have that new samsung u740 and i cant get the bad ringtones out any suggestions

194. new new December 10, 2007 at 7:44 am #

i think that they should change myxertones back to the way it was cuz now the ringtones on my fone only work for like 5mins den they stop workin and i got a samsung u740 so eventho it took awhile for my ringtones 2 cum b4 i rather wait for sumthin i kno is gonna work then get sumthin fast that aint gonna work for that long

195. Karen April 15, 2008 at 12:14 am #

i have the samsung u740 and all my ringtones stopped working
    i cant delete them either
    so now i have a bunch of ringtones on my phone that dont work!

196. Ariel April 19, 2008 at 3:25 am #

i have a motorola slvr L7C and my phone was receiving the ringtones as attachments and everything yesterday and as of today, the messages have stopped no matter how many times i try to send the ringtone my phones doesn’t even receive it anymore, is there some way to solve this? some way i could reset the account or whatever…i’m so lost…

197. stephanie April 28, 2008 at 9:31 pm #

yeah now the new locked verizon phones cannot save the myxertones as a “ringtone”, beacuse now verizon wireless uses the format (.mid) as ringtones and myxertones doesnt have that as a format, so until they get (.mid) as a format on myxertones then we are all screwed and forced to buy them.

198. tammy May 5, 2008 at 4:17 pm #

The 6/12/07 update states that the V3 now works but I can’t get mine to work. I went to Get It Now and there is still not an option to save the sound as a ringtone. Exactly how do you set it as a ringtone? thanks!!!

199. Thomas Quinn June 12, 2008 at 3:33 am #

CASIO G’zOne!!! its verizon and its really hard to get this to work

200. Miss Melissa June 21, 2008 at 6:35 am #

I had a verizon EnV and just updated to the voyager. Tried to get my ringtones and 1 went through. Saved it onto my computer and shot it through my email to my phone..DOESN’T WORK. States delivery failed- no response. PLEASE FIX SOON!!!

201. Mark June 27, 2008 at 10:27 pm #

I found a fix for all this crap Verizon has done. If you save the song you want onto an SD micro card (in the case of my Samsung i760 smartphone), you can save it directly to your “ringtones” file and still use whatever song you want! I just did this and was able to load a new song onto my phone. Take that Nazi Verizon!

I swear, if I didn’t have like 20 months left on my contract, I’d be gone with Verizon. They have seriously pulled the last straw with me. They are a despicable company!

202. lkeller June 28, 2008 at 6:34 pm #

I got the Motorola RAZR Maxx Ve and when you guys send me the ringtone all i can do is save it as a sound and not a ringtone. What can I do to fix this problem.

203. lkeller June 28, 2008 at 6:37 pm #

I got the Motorola RAZR Maxx Ve for verizon and when you guys send me a ringtone all i can do is save it as a sound not a ringtone. What can i do to fix this problem.

204. Sammi August 17, 2008 at 8:37 am #

my samsung sch-u740 wont work
    when i try to download the ringtones everything works but i get a 905 attribute mismatch error so i dont get the ringtone

205. skypirate August 21, 2008 at 11:43 pm #

OK, i figured out how to get crystal clear ring tones from mp3s on to the the samsung sch-u620. I did it with using the micro SD card. all you have to do is, put an mp3 file into the sound folder on the card from your computer. the file must be right around 312kb(that was 20 sec for me). then just send the sound to yourself in a picture message. when you receive it, it will give you the option of saving as a ring tone. and the sound is amazing! hope i spent the last hour figuring this out. hope it helps someone else!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks:

1. Top Posts « WordPress.com - June 3, 2007

[...] Verizon yukiness continues… Seems ringtone behavior has changed on a lot of the Verizon phones. We are getting more and more recent feedback about […] [...]

2. Verizon RAZR/KRZR (and more) fixed! « MyxerTones Blog - June 13, 2007

[...] has updated a previous post with the current state of the Verizon world (as we know it), but I wanted to write a quick note to [...]

3. Verizon RAZR/KRZR (and more) fixed! | MINE. - June 20, 2008