Verizon Update

Hey there, I just wanted to give you the latest skinny on Verizon support.

Not receiving the message? We send the ringtone messages as soon as you request them, but sometimes it takes the carriers, especially Verizon, a while to deliver them. If it’s been longer than 20-30 minutes since you sent the message, double check that you have PIX messaging enabled on your phone and that you have a valid email address on your MyxerTones account and try resending it. Be patient. You should eventually receive the messages.

Can’t sent the song as your ringtone? Bummer, dude. Go to the My Account -> Phone Details page and check to make sure that you have selected the correct make and model for your phone. Not having the right info on your account may prevent us from sending the ringtone in the right format for your phone.

If you have one of the phones below, sorry, but the ability to use downloaded songs on those phones has been disabled by Verizon or the phone manufacturer. Unfortunately, that’s out of our control and there’s nothing we can do to fix it. It’s a real bummer for us too.

• Audiovox CDM8945
  • LG VX5200
  • LG VX8100
  • LG VX 9800
  • Pantech PN215
  • Samsung A850
  • Samsung A970

The ringtone doesn’t sound too good on your Razr? For some reason the songs we send by default are converted into QCP files before they are delivered. Since QCP is a pretty low quality format, they ringtones may not sound so good on your phone.

If you would like a higher quality sound, feel free to go to the My Account -> Phone Preferences page and change the default ringtone format to WAV. So why not always do this? Well, the drawback is that since WAV files are high quality, the files are really big and you’ll have to customize your ringtones and make them no longer than 7 seconds long.

Having any other trouble? Please drop us a note and will be happy to take a closer look at your account.

Thanks, Marsha

in verizon wireless with 24 Comments

24 Responses to “Verizon Update”

1. BrittanyH August 21, 2007 at 4:47 am #

i have the LG enV and i’ve tried to get several ringtones and messages.. so far i have not recieved anything. It’s been a couple of hours. any suggestions?

2. Marsha August 22, 2007 at 3:58 am #

Hi Brittany, The enV is the same as the LG VX9800. Unfortunately, the ability to use downloaded songs as ringtones had been disabled on that phone (see original post). Sorry for the trouble, but thanks for trying.

- Marsha from MyxerTones

3. ericccgfjc August 22, 2007 at 4:22 am #

o well it works on the chocolate go see chicken little

4. Stacy August 22, 2007 at 5:23 am #

Boy does that suck!!! That is so not fair. I have the LG the V. I am soooo pissed right now. I never would have got it if I knew that they were gonna be so strick. Bullcrap!!!

5. Abby August 23, 2007 at 3:05 am #

I have the Q and i am having a few issues getting the messages, when my brother who has the same phone is getting them perfectly fine…help?

6. Kara August 23, 2007 at 3:25 am #

I used to be able to get ringtones and wallpaper but the past 2 times i have tried its just not coming through What sould i do?

7. mcreely August 25, 2007 at 8:28 pm #

Hi Kara,

We send the messages as soon as you request them, but sometimes it takes Verizon a while to deliver them.

Be patient and you should eventually get them. If not, please drop me a note at support@myxertones.com and I’ll take a closer look at your account.

Marsha from MyxerTones

8. Atticus September 6, 2007 at 2:24 am #

i have the enV and it does work. However it always takes a minimum of 30 min..and up to 3 hours to recieve.

9. Jack September 8, 2007 at 6:28 am #

i have a LG VX8300 and my friend does to, he receives his wallpapers and tones but i havent yet… anyone have any ideas

10. Tara September 8, 2007 at 5:27 pm #

I have a chocolate by LG. I have not recieved any of my ringtones that I sent within the last few days. I have resent them mulitiple times, still nothing.

11. Kev September 9, 2007 at 7:16 am #

Hi. I am a Samsung A930 user.
    I haven’t received my ringtone for 20+ minutes, and I am getting impatient… awww…. it worked great after bypassing “Verizon Yuckiness,” delivering the ringtone within 20 seconds.

12. Sara September 9, 2007 at 11:26 am #

I’ve tried to get the ringtones on my enV, and at first I didn’t think it worked. But, it ONLY took about four hours to deliver, AND I can enable them as ringtones: you must be doing something right, haha.

13. cyrus1215 September 10, 2007 at 6:09 am #

i have the newer enV, the VX9900 (the orange one, i think it had an update), and thats not on the list of not working ones, but i also havent received anything. and i used to be able to! i just had to get a new one recently cuz my display screwed up… help!

14. mcreely September 10, 2007 at 5:36 pm #

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delays. We send the messages as soon as you request them, but for some reason Verizon has been having trouble delivering the messages recently. Sometimes they get delivered right away and sometimes it can take a few hours. I know it’s frustrating, but you should eventually receive them.

If you have specific questions about your account, please let me know, http://www.myxertones.com/feedback/.

Thanks,
    Marsha from MyxerTones

15. Yeah74837 September 13, 2007 at 11:29 pm #

I have the new chocolate and i recently am not getting my ringtones anymore. When i did get them it took atleast 6 hours. My friend has the same phone and he gets them right after he sends them. What am I doing wrong?

16. Jeremy September 17, 2007 at 4:54 pm #

Wait…did Verizon just disable the enV from getting ringtones recently? Because I have gotten several of them off this site. I tried yesterday and could not get any on my phone. So this must have been recent?

17. Marsha September 17, 2007 at 10:17 pm #

Hi Jeremy,

Verizon hasn’t disabled the enV. We send the messages as soon as you request them, but because our site is so popular lately and we are sending so many messages, it can take up to a few hours for them to be delivered.

Sorry for the trouble. We are trying to figure out way to get Verizon to deliver the messages quicker. Until then, please try to be patient.

Thanks,
    Marsha from MyxerTones

18. Justin September 18, 2007 at 2:19 am #

I understand that it all depends on when Verizon sends the messages to us, but I am receiving emails now saying that there is a delivery failure for my ringtones. I’m using a Samsung U740 on Verizon.

19. Martinez September 19, 2007 at 2:07 pm #

well i had to get my envy replaced the other day and the first thing i did was go straight to hee and ttry to re send the ringtones that i had before its been two days now and i have re sent them a few times and still nada i have not gotten one. What do i do from what i’m reading on here it seems to me that I’m not going to get them casue they disabled the the envy form getting them is this correct?

20. Kyle September 19, 2007 at 9:07 pm #

its been over 15 hours and i still havent gotten my ringtones. i havent gotten an email saying the messages failed. its never taken more than 3 hours, and i’ve even resent the ringtones 4 times now, and still nothing.

21. JoMonica Taylor September 19, 2007 at 10:29 pm #

i have a samsung a930. i have requested the ringtones be sent to my phone within the last 3 days. my phone is not on the list of problems that verizon is experiencing. do you know what the problem is?

22. eric September 20, 2007 at 12:48 am #

ive not gotten any of my ringtones in the past 3 weeks i always get a email saying that they could not be delevered i have the new chocolate phone from verizon and i can receve pix messages im just not getting any thing from you guys

23. audrey September 20, 2007 at 1:54 am #

yesterday, i tried myxertones for the first time.
    i have a samsung a950.
    i can recieve pix.
    i did everything right but i didn’t get anything, & i’ve waited for a day.
    i even tried to resend it few times.
    why is it taking SO long?

24. Marsha September 20, 2007 at 2:11 pm #

Hi,

It’s me again. Sorry for all of the delays. Unfortunately, it seems like the Verizon situation has gotten worse. We send the messages as soon as you request them, but (for whatever reason) the Verizon network is refusing to accept them. Until we get the problem fixed, you may receive an email to the email address on your account that says “SMTP: connection refused”.

The good or bad news (depending on your view) is that other content provides are also having problems connecting to the Verizon servers.

Sorry again for the trouble. We’re working on it. Please check this blog from time to time for the latest updates.

Marsha from MyxerTones