Site refresh and Facebook integration

Hey, everyone!

First of all, let me say it has been a great pleasure to speak with MySpace about the problems our users have had getting MyxerTags to work on their site. I’m happy to say that – Oh, wait! Silly me, I forgot! We couldn’t get anyone at NewsCorpSpace to answer a single email, phone call, or smoke signal. We got blown off without so much as a scripted email response from their “support” department, which is really annoying.

Introducing the Myxer Facebook Application…

So in completely unrelated news, we’ve been busy building deep integration with Facebook, and we’re happy to announce the general availability of the Myxer Facebook application. This thing’s pretty cool. It lets you link your Myxer account to your Facebook account so that, for example, you can share your favorite MyxerTones really easily with your Facebook friends.

You can also search and explore all MyxerTones content right from within Facebook, and there are lots of little bells and whistles scattered about. Check it out and let us know what you think!

Install the Myxer Facebook Application:

Oh, and you’ve probably also noticed that we’ve done a little refresh of the site’s colors and layout. One thing we’re trying to do is get pages to load faster to make browsing a better experience for people, and we took the opportunity to spruce up some of the interfaces. We’re still kinda figuring out how to best arrange some of our key pages, so bear with us if stuff seems a little out of place.

Hope all is well with you and yours.

Peace,

Myk

in news with 27 Comments

27 Responses to “Site refresh and Facebook integration”

1. Bianca August 29, 2007 at 3:13 pm #

since the upgrade or whatever my phone has not been reveiving any of the ringtones but before the upgrade or whatever you guys did i was getting them back to back and now i cant even get 1!!! what happend???

2. Tim August 29, 2007 at 10:47 pm #

Every since all the changes i havent been reveiving any text or ringtones to my phone, i cant do anything now…. so whats up?

3. Mike August 30, 2007 at 7:09 am #

i havent receved any of my wallpapers or ringtones since the website was refreshed… (verizon wireless)

4. mykwillis August 30, 2007 at 1:29 pm #

My first impression would be to tell you guys that we didn’t change any of the “guts” of the system that send ringtones, so you shouldn’t have been affected. The fact that three people have the same complaint at the same time tells me we ought to take a closer look and make sure it’s not just the standard carrier backlog problems.

If any/all of you guys could send a note to our support team via http://www.myxertones.com/feedback/, we can try to dig in deeper and see what might be the problem for you.

Myk

5. Mike September 4, 2007 at 6:12 am #

I can’t receive any tones either…i tried to make a few figuring it was just delayed, but i haven’t gotten a single one of the 5 i just tried to make!! (Also Verizon Wireless)

6. TheKdd September 5, 2007 at 2:18 am #

I also have not received any ringtones… Verizon here too. I will send a mail to the support team listed above. Thanks!

7. David September 7, 2007 at 4:16 am #

Also having no luck since the update (Verizon also) Red x’s appear in my profile on the unsuccesful tries. Their meaning is obvious but are simply becoming red x’s of disappointment. Hope it all works out i know you guys are on it.
    Thanks
    David

8. Stephanie September 8, 2007 at 2:37 am #

I am having the same problem. I just tried to send about 10 different ringtones to my phone and I didn’t get any of them. (verizon)

9. Nicki September 9, 2007 at 2:21 pm #

I have requested 3 ringtones in the past 2 days and finally received one of them today after resending twice. Still don’t have the others. I too am with verizon. Hope you get this problem solved.. I’ve told all my friends about you all.

10. John September 10, 2007 at 4:35 am #

Ok, same complaint as everyone else on here, and also verizon. On top of that, i get a broken link when i click on the support link above…you guys are great, and this is the first problem i or any of my friends who use this site have had, so i hope it gets fixed soon.

11. cyrus1215 September 10, 2007 at 6:03 am #

yes i too have been kinda annoyed with the lack of messages to my phones… but hey i guess itll get fixed soon, its just that i just got a new phone so im resending all my ringtones like i did before, and they just arent getting sent to my phone… also verizon. haha that WOULD happen to me

12. cyrus1215 September 10, 2007 at 6:06 am #

oh i guess can it be that i have an enV? i used to be able to get ringtones, like really recently. but now its changed? i JUST switched my old phone with a new one cuz my display screwed up so i wanted my ringtones back! :’( its not the VX9800 though its the VX9900, the newer orange one… help!

13. mcreely September 10, 2007 at 5:41 pm #

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delays. Don’t worry about the red X. That doesn’t mean that it didn’t work. Thta’s was just supposed to be a way to delete items from your recent ringtone list. It looks like is causing some confusion and we will probably change that in the next release. Thanks for your feedback.

As for the delays in receiving your ringtones is concerned… We send the messages as soon as you request them, but for some reason Verizon has been having trouble delivering them recently. Sometimes they get delivered right away and sometimes it can take a few hours. I know it’s frustrating, but you should eventually receive them.

If you have specific questions about your account, please let me know, http://www.myxertones.com/feedback/.

Thanks,
    Marsha from MyxerTones

14. Ray September 10, 2007 at 11:28 pm #

Can’t preview songs anymore. Tried all help tips no luck. Any sugestions?

15. arog513 September 11, 2007 at 3:06 am #

im having the same problems as everyone else but i have sprint…

16. Rachael September 13, 2007 at 6:24 am #

i’m still not receiving any messages with the ringtones i wanted… and if i do, they’re .mid and don’t play on my verizon razr.

17. Adrianna September 14, 2007 at 8:53 pm #

i havent been getting none of the tones i have been making. one i got like 3 days after i had made it. its been hapening every since you huys redid the site! PLEASE FIX IT!

18. Marsha September 17, 2007 at 10:22 pm #

Hi everyone,

We send the messages as soon as you request them, but because our site is so popular lately and we are sending so many messages, it can take up to a few hours for them to be delivered.

Sorry for the trouble. We are trying to figure out way to get Verizon to deliver the messages quicker. Until then, please try to be patient.

Thanks,
    Marsha from MyxerTones

19. Marcus September 19, 2007 at 4:22 am #

My phone isn’t recieving ringtones either, my phone used to recieve extremely quick, now it won’t recieve them at all barely…

20. Martinez September 19, 2007 at 1:43 pm #

i am with the rest of the peeps on this one i think your site is legit just as of late i have not gotten any of the ringtones sent to my phone. and its been two days and i have sent them three times in those two days. I hope the issue gets fixed pronto. casue i really like your guys is flow

21. Ray September 19, 2007 at 5:11 pm #

i also have a verizon phone and i tried send like 6 ringtones to my phone an i only got one in the last week maybe

22. andy September 22, 2007 at 1:34 am #

fasho

23. Sheila October 1, 2007 at 8:41 pm #

I been having the same problem, also verizon…….but this just started giving me problems this week I try to send around 8 ringtones and I’m still waiting to recieve them and before i would recieve them within ten seconds from when I send it..hope u guys resolve this.

24. Marsha October 3, 2007 at 8:16 pm #

Hey Verizon folks,

We are having some trouble getting the messages we send delivered to Verizon phones. For some reason, Verizon has just been very slow and inconsistent about delivering them recently.

We’re working on other ways to deliver content to Verizon phones and hope to have something available soon.

Keep an eye on the main blog for the latest updates.

- Marsha from MyxerTones

25. Bobby January 31, 2008 at 6:07 am #

I have been having a problem downloading ringtones and i just realized it was after i started using it on facebook! The problem i get is when i download the ringtone, it asks if i want to download the file as a ‘…..gcd’. The gcd file does nothing on my phone. i have a treo 700wx with sprint.

26. daw3k February 20, 2008 at 2:55 am #

i have a sprint LG rumor phone and i sent like 5 songs and didnt get nothin back its been like 3 hrs

27. illy May 18, 2008 at 2:01 am #

i have tried to send ring tones also.i have a chocolate and its verizon. it send but a link and there nowhere
    i can follow the link at all.
    help!??!!