Latest Verizon Wireless News

I just wanted to let you all know that we are still working to be able to send ringtones directly to Verizon Wireless phones again. We’re making progress and hope to have it fixed soon.

In the meantime, please follow the instructions displayed after you click the ‘Send to Phone’ button and download the ringtone to your phone then send it to your phone using your favorite email program. It doesn’t matter which one you use. If it doesn’t work the first time or if you get an error message, please just try it again. It can be a little flakey sometimes, but it should eventually work.

Thanks for your patience. If you have a question, please send a note to our support team and someone will get back to you lickety split.

—- 7/31 UPDATE —-

Thanks for all of your posts. We’re still working on being able to send the ringtones directly. We’ll definitely let you know as soon as anything changes.

I’ve noticed a few posts suggesting copying the file to your sd memory card instead of using email. That’s a great idea! Using email is just one way to get the file to your phone. If you can copy it to your sd memory card that should work too.

Enjoy!

in news,verizon wireless with 125 Comments

125 Responses to “Latest Verizon Wireless News”

1. Heather July 15, 2008 at 1:12 pm #

Thanks for all the efforts, I enjoy myxer very much. I’ve been sending my ringtones from my yahoo email account and they go to my phone just fine.
    Have a good day!

2. Courtney July 15, 2008 at 1:26 pm #

I try to send them through my email account but it doesnt always work. I usually only get the last one that i sent. I would GREATLY appreciate it if this was fixed!!

3. Carrie July 15, 2008 at 1:33 pm #

I try to send them through my yahoo account and it fails everytime, if someone out there knows a different way please tell me!!!! Thanx so much!

4. Marsha July 15, 2008 at 2:06 pm #

Hi Carrie,

It doesn’t really matter which email program you use. Make sure that the ringtone isn’t too big (try 10-15 seconds at first) and try sending it again. It should eventually work.

Good luck. If you still have any trouble, please send a note to our support team and someone will get back to you soon.

Enjoy!

5. cait July 15, 2008 at 2:29 pm #

you guys are the best<3

6. mark July 15, 2008 at 2:41 pm #

I’ve been trying now for about 2 wks to get ringtones to my phone,and all i get is “cannot play message” on my phone. I think im just gonna wait until this debacle with shitty Verizon is straightened out.They have great sevice,but their customer service and policy absolutely sucks.Its like they need to make a dollar on everything that the customer wants on their phone. Sometimes, i wish their service wasn’t so good,just so i could dump their asses,and go to another carrier. THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!

7. Anita July 15, 2008 at 2:51 pm #

I tried many times with aol and I always recieved a failed message afterwards. So now I use gmail and it works everytime. So try gmail before trying to use any other service.

8. chase July 15, 2008 at 3:34 pm #

i like the new way sends to my phone faster

9. GroulZer July 15, 2008 at 3:59 pm #

I’m able to send them to my Verizon Blackberry just fine. I just click the link in the message and download it from the internet on my phone. Thanks for your awesome site, Myxer! B)

10. hope July 15, 2008 at 4:31 pm #

hey, ok sso yea i have verizon and im very angry that this is happening because i am not aloud to buy ringtones off my phone because they are to expensive so i use this website but now that its not working i cant. also when you get the chance please make the ringtone Lady West by Jamie Scott (and the town ) thats like one of my favorite songs and you dont have it as a ringtone so if there is some way that you could possibly make the ringtone for me that would be great because i tried to make ringtones but it doesnt work for me o if someone could possibly make that ringtone and then tell me that would be greatly greatly appreciated . thanks(:

11. Dan July 15, 2008 at 5:18 pm #

Hi, I just wanted to let anyone else with verizon who is having trouble know that when using my G-Mail account, which I created just to send ringtones, I have sent ringtones for up to a full minute and they get to my phone FAST. No exaggeration, they come faster than they did before. It is more effort to download the ringtone and then upload it and send it, but not much and its way better than spending $2.99.

12. Kyoung July 15, 2008 at 5:59 pm #

CAN WE WORK ON GETTIN GAMES SENT TOO :)

13. Kimber July 15, 2008 at 5:59 pm #

oh my i finally got my ring tone. I used hotmail and the shortening to 30 seconds worked. Holy crap. about time. Myxer u r wonderful

14. Kimber July 15, 2008 at 6:00 pm #

LOL Games would be good but lets just take 1 step at a time. Gotta creep before we crawl

15. Ron July 15, 2008 at 6:05 pm #

Hi, after researching or should I say complaing enough to verizon about controling MY phone that I pay for and no one at a company level can explain what the problem is or the reason I found out that there is a place that know the answer and will take action IF YOU SEND THEM A LETTER they will answer too. so if anyone wants to tell verizon wireless to quit trying to control what they put on their phone sent a letter to
    Excutive Relations c/o Verizon Wireless
    777 Big Timber Rd.
    Elgin,Il 60123

16. Marsha July 15, 2008 at 6:17 pm #

Hi Kimber – Thanks! We’re trying.

Kyoung – Our Games are hosted by a 3rd party. Unfortunately, they don’t currently support Verizon (I suspect it may not be by choice) ;) but we are looking into partnering with other game providers. We’ll keep you posted.

Thanks again!

17. Ron July 15, 2008 at 6:20 pm #

OK I Beat Verizon at their own game!!!! listen up anyone with a micro sd card download clip from computer to card then put in back in your phone pix text the clip sound to your self save it as a ring tone takes like 1 min and it works every time
    STILL NOT PAYING FOR THOSE TONES VERIZON!!!!!!!

18. Kimber July 15, 2008 at 6:51 pm #

For all those verizon customers not getting ringtones………..SERIOUSLY……..YOU need to customize ringtone and shorten them. I get them every time i shorten them. I have tried all lengths but cant get past 34 seconds. Any thing over 34 seconds my emails are kicked bac. start with 34 seconds. if that dont work the 30 seconds should work. I know the shortening sucks but better than none at all

19. Mikki July 15, 2008 at 6:54 pm #

I tried to send the ringtone through my yahoo email last night and it didn’t work. But I was able to resend it today and I got it in less than a min!! : )

20. Jenna July 15, 2008 at 7:37 pm #

My only problem is that when they actually get to my LG Venus, i can only save it as a sound, not as a ringtone. any ideas?

21. Jenna July 15, 2008 at 7:51 pm #

also for people having trouble with which e-mail to use, my aol account works and so does my g-mail.

22. Winkler July 15, 2008 at 9:38 pm #

nothing works 4 me what am i doing wrong?

23. Allison July 15, 2008 at 10:58 pm #

Thanx Myxer, it may take a couple trys but its working!!!!

24. robb July 16, 2008 at 4:01 am #

GMail works great people… but you do have to shorten the tone to a length no more than 34 seconds…

25. caleb July 16, 2008 at 10:27 am #

Hey my LG and gmail works fine.

26. Danielle July 16, 2008 at 10:53 am #

I keep getting some kind of error email back that says 550 SMTP connection refused. I’ve tried aol & gmail and my clips are less than 34 seconds…any suggestions??

27. Dani July 16, 2008 at 1:45 pm #

Hey myxer people…
    Im havin trouble..
    Where am i supposed to go to get the ringtone i sent?
    Im very confuzed about it all…

28. Marsha July 16, 2008 at 4:29 pm #

Danielle – Unfortunately, the email delivery is a little flakey from time to time. I’m not sure why. It seems like the Verizon network gets overwhelmed. Make sure your ringtone isn’t too long (try 20 seconds or less to start) and try it again. It should eventually work.

Dani – Follow the instructions displayed on the page after you click the ‘Send to Phone’ button. After you download the ringtone to your computer, send it as an attachment via email to your_phone_number(at)vzwpix(dot)com.

Good Luck. If you have any additional questions, PLEASE send a note to our support team and someone will et back to you soon.

Enjoy!

29. Hannah July 16, 2008 at 5:14 pm #

nothing worked for me but my Hotmail account.

30. Nae July 16, 2008 at 7:30 pm #

I just got the LG Dare phone today and when I send a ringtone through Myxer now it makes me go online to download ringtone but I don’t know where to go to save the ringtone. And of course Verizon is not going to tell me how to do it. I like this phone and all but if I can’t get my ringtones I ‘m going back to the Envy. So can someone please HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you

31. AmyKay July 16, 2008 at 7:34 pm #

Hey here is what I don’t understand. I get that you can send the ringtones to your email. Here’s the thing I don’t know how to do that then send it to my cell. Please I am phone and email illiterate! I need help.

32. heyy July 16, 2008 at 8:02 pm #

Heyy I teyed about 5 times to send my ringtones to my phone on my aol account I did not work. Please let me know how to do it. PLEASE HELP MEEE

33. Kimber July 16, 2008 at 10:10 pm #

k………you click on the thing and download the ringtone to your computer….preferably save desktop.(thats what i do) easy access. Then open up your email mail that you r using to send the ringtone. I used hotmail. Start a new email like you are gonna send an email to someone. in the to where you put the adress you put your cell phone number area code first example 0123456789@vzwpix.com then you click attach a file……… then a box will come up for you to browse. click browse. browse in desktop. when u see the name of your ringtone double click it and then attach the file to the email. put ringtone or something in subject box then click send. If for some reason that dont work and you get your email back you may have to customize your ringtone and shorten it. I cant make mine no longer than 34 seconds or my emails get kicked back to me.

34. Gary July 16, 2008 at 11:13 pm #

Just a note. You must sign up at verizon for this e-mail trick to work.

35. Gary July 16, 2008 at 11:19 pm #

I have a krzr, 2 people I work with have krzr’s, I have Ring Factory on my computer, it used to work great, now it’s hit and miss to all 3 phones. Sometimes they don’t come through at all, some times they work fine, sometimes they get changed from mp3 to qcp format. There is no rhyme or reason to it

36. jake July 17, 2008 at 2:53 am #

i have an lg venus and every time i recieve a ringtone its sounds like crap i tried quieting it and it still sound bad
    what do i do????

37. Lindzy July 17, 2008 at 10:58 am #

*cheering* you can do it! i can’t wait for the issue to be fixed…

38. liz July 17, 2008 at 2:23 pm #

So happy the problem is being worked out> Thanks for all that you do.

39. Marsha July 17, 2008 at 6:35 pm #

Hey Jake – Sorry for the trouble. Can you tell what the format is for the file that you received? If so, please drop a note to our support team and someone will take a closer look at your accout for you.

Thanks,

40. Gary July 17, 2008 at 11:43 pm #

When you get the file from Myxer, make sure you have your computer set to show file extensions. I know the krzr will only work with mp3 files. Mid files go straight to my sounds folder. So I rename them changing the extension to mp3 before I email them to the phone. Thats why Tone This won’t work with my phone, but it works great with my wife’s older razr because her phone doesn’t have seperate folders for sounds and ringtones

41. timmy July 18, 2008 at 12:34 am #

i have a krzr and i cannot save them as anything other than sounds, surprisingly my emails go through.. now gary said you can change the extension from midi to mp3 but how do i do that on vista? i send friends the same files and the can save it as ringtones, how do i go about changin the extension so i can save it as a ringtone? and will that work or am i helpless lol

42. Leslie July 18, 2008 at 3:42 am #

Nothing worked so I just gave up and went over to phonezoo. You guys should call them up and ask them what they do…everything works like a charm over there. See Ya!

43. Maddie July 18, 2008 at 7:02 am #

I have the new LG DARE and everytime i send a ringtont to my phone i have to download it from the internet but see the thing is i can listen to the ringtone but i can never save it as anything. Can anyone tell me how i can get the sound as a ringtone for my DARE please?

44. Gary July 18, 2008 at 7:34 am #

Found this online for Vista Timmy, I have XP, so I’ve never tried this
    1 open a folder or open explorer
    2 click the layout button ( to the left on the views button)
    3 click folder options
    4 click view tab
    5 uncheck hide extensions for known file types
    6 click ok
    now you will be able to see the file type (.mid , .qcp, .mp3,) etc.etc.
    Right click the file, click rename and change the extension to mp3. This should work now with the krzr unless verizon changes it when it comes through, usually to .qcp files which are the loud ones that sound like crap.
    If that happens keep trying to send it it will work eventually

good luck

45. timmy July 18, 2008 at 5:29 pm #

OMG it worked! lol thank you so much gary you have just become my hero. appreciate it.. so to all with a krzr follow those instructions ^^^ … one quick thing it says to “save sound” instead of “save ringtone” BUT it appears in your ringtones somehow?, so it works :]

46. Valerie July 18, 2008 at 6:03 pm #

Im sooooo happy this works now

47. Valerie July 18, 2008 at 8:02 pm #

Maddie i exchanged my phone to a Dare and i’m able to receive the ringtones. What are u doing?

48. Freddy July 18, 2008 at 8:02 pm #

thanks for the hard work.

49. Samantha. July 18, 2008 at 8:35 pm #

okay.
    so i’ve follwed all the steps.
    attaching the ringtones to my email, sending and whatnot.
    and i’ve recieved the ringtones.
    however, they sound like junk.
    is this because i have the samsung alius?
    or what?
    because i’ve tried shortening the ringtones as well.
    can someone help me please?

50. Jenn July 18, 2008 at 9:34 pm #

So its still free then? and I won’t be charged if I send it like an email to my verizon phone?

51. Gary July 18, 2008 at 10:51 pm #

Jenn,
    If you do not have unlimited text, you will pay 25 cents per pix message plus data usage, still alot less than $2.50 to $2.99 per ringtone through verizon

52. Gary July 18, 2008 at 10:58 pm #

Glad I could help Tim, the easiest way to add ringtones is using the usb cable , with the motorola phone tool program and the p2 commander program, you could make like 30 and send them straight into the phone. but every time you do this it wipes out your contact id ringers and resets them randomly , so you have to manually reset them all. that why when i do it that way I do at least a dozen at a time, my phone memory is always at about 90% full. Oh and they don’t cost a penny doing it that way, so screw you Verizon!!

53. Jen July 18, 2008 at 11:24 pm #

My ringers only sound good if i send them as a wav file, but then it cuts them to only like 3 seconds long. is there any way to fix that?

54. eddddlyn July 18, 2008 at 11:55 pm #

Instead of downloading the ringtone through the email program just use a micro sd memory card and save the song on your computer and pass the ringtone to the memory card… once you’ve done that put the micro sd into the cell phone and go to my sounds and send the ringtone you’ve just downloaded to your own number and then save as ringtone…. it works and if u wanna make it easy first download all ur tones into ur comp and the pass it to ur cellie…. hope this helps lots of you

55. Jessica July 19, 2008 at 12:00 am #

awwww mannn this is butty i got nuthing
    i love ur guys soo much n i am not leaving but
    plzzzz hurrrryyyyy cuz i need my ringtones lol
    thanks guys

56. Don Cooper July 19, 2008 at 1:38 am #

Well i just have to say being a dedicated verizon customer never missing my bill payment for two years. I told them a year ago if you were to spam something atleast make sure you have everything im trying to get in getitnow. Anyway to make a long story short thats to long to make short again, Im officially switching my services to t-mobile. I like the way some of their smartphones can basically do what the computer do. And i know it will be a big plus as far as working with myxertones, atleast i hope so. Sorry Verizon i tried to stick it out, but you push me one too many times.

57. Maddie July 19, 2008 at 12:06 pm #

Valerie
    i dont know what im doing wrong
    can you tell me what you did to get the ringtones to work on your phone please?

58. Meemz July 19, 2008 at 3:33 pm #

I have an LG EnV, and I was irritated at first that Verizon stopped letting us get tones from Myxer. I send them from Windows Live, though, and they work fine. :3 Way to go! Still not paying ridiculous prices for ringtones.

59. Marissa July 19, 2008 at 6:59 pm #

windows live works perfectly =] you can create an account for free

60. Valerie July 19, 2008 at 8:21 pm #

Maddie,
    I just download it to the computer (by just clicking “download ringtone” in step one” also for this site my phone is set up as a samsung SCH-U900 I never changed it when i got the dare (I don’t know if that matters though). Anyways compose an email to your phone with your #@vzwpix.com and attach the ringtone you just download (mine appear on my desktop). Then you should get your ringtone in less than a minute. When you do click that little box in the bottom right hand corner and click save as ringtone.

61. alexis July 19, 2008 at 9:02 pm #

Thanks, but first of all, how do I download the ringtones to my computer, help please before I loose more hair lol.

62. Maddie July 19, 2008 at 10:20 pm #

Valerie
    your method worked
    thanks again :)

63. Chuck July 19, 2008 at 11:06 pm #

I have the Instict from sprint & i have sent but not recieved ringtones from my phone. Is myxer compatible with the Instinct?

64. eo July 20, 2008 at 5:07 pm #

you guys need to hurry up thanks

65. Michael July 20, 2008 at 5:46 pm #

thanks for the info. good to know its being takin care of

66. stephanie July 20, 2008 at 6:07 pm #

I’ve tried everything and I keep getting the message that says “Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently” I’ve tried 3 email accounts and NONE of them can send the ringtones, the tones are ALL under 30seconds long and I’m even signed up for the My Verizon account online, so what’s the problem? Please get this fixed asap

67. Jamie July 21, 2008 at 1:16 am #

From the voyager phone that i have how do i set up an email address 2 get my ringtones?

68. Jennifer July 21, 2008 at 11:06 am #

1. make a new contact and just enter the email address without a phone number. 2. the song has to be less than 100kb in order to save it as a ringtone. I have the voyager and have problems with emailing, but I do notice that if there is a failure in sending, then I just go to my sent mail and instead of resending the mail, I forward it to myself. It’s a pain, but it works and i’m not giving Verizon $3 per ringtone…lol

69. misty July 21, 2008 at 3:45 pm #

cant get songs out of my sounds what do i do

70. Sonnie July 21, 2008 at 4:34 pm #

I have gotten my ringtones via email, I am a verizon wireless customer, but I cannot get the SCREENSAVER. I get the link to DOWNLOAD but when I select it, it sends me directly to the Myxer site and just lets me view the screensaver. How can I get my LG DARE to allow the Download option to save to my phone?

71. celia July 21, 2008 at 7:29 pm #

i have the LG EnV and nothing seems to work! what should i do??

72. laura July 21, 2008 at 11:11 pm #

i still dont know how to send the ringtones to my email…can sum1 please help??!! thanx

73. Marsha July 22, 2008 at 5:29 pm #

Hi Laura,

Sorry for the confusion. Just follow the instructions shown on the page after you click the ‘sent to phone’ button.

Basically, all you do is (1) click on the Download Ringtone link to download the ringtone to your computer then (2) use your favorite email program to send the ringtone as an attachment to your phone (your_phone_number@vzwipx.com).

If you have any questions please send us a note and someone will get back to you.

Good luck!

74. katrina July 22, 2008 at 11:16 pm #

well i download the tones to my computer and email them to my phone from my yahoo account it works every time thanks for looking out.

75. Maria July 23, 2008 at 12:03 am #

Hi i just got the new dare phone and it makes me go to the web to download it. When i download it. it wont give me the option to save please help me…

76. Ryan July 23, 2008 at 5:40 pm #

Hey when i do the email thing i get the clip but it goes from mp3 to qcp and my samsung wont let me save it as a ringtone what do i do cause everyone else seems to have it working? :[

77. Jenna July 23, 2008 at 9:33 pm #

I HAVE A WAY IT WORKS EVERY TIME.

1. make a gmail account.
    2. when you click send to phone, download the ringtone and save it into your computer.
    3. go to where it is saved. RENAME it. change the ending to mp3. for example it might be saved CHIMES.MID. (just right click and choose rename.)
    4. Go to GMAIL and send it to your phone as an attachment. (your_phone_number@vzwpix.com)

Its never failed for me. I had the krzr and now i have the venus.

78. Danielle July 24, 2008 at 3:03 pm #

Here’s the thing– my Verizon phone can get them doing the above– but they sound HORRIBLE! All muffled and far away. Please solve this soon!

79. Steve July 24, 2008 at 3:31 pm #

Well a few weeks ago the ringtones would work from my Gmail account, but I tried today and it didn’t work. So I logged into my Yahoo! and did it and it worked fine.

Yahoo! works fine and Gmail seems to not work at all. Just my tip for everyone

80. brad July 24, 2008 at 6:09 pm #

ok i dont know what im doing wrong but what ever i do i cant get the file to save as a ringtone. it gets to my phone but there is no option to save as a ringtone. i tried every email and every file type but still nothing. is it just the razor?

81. ashlee thorne July 24, 2008 at 7:41 pm #

wallpaper and videos send juss fine to my phone.but ringtones dont seem to send thourgh.i would really be happy if you guys could check this problem out!

thanx a bunch!

82. Johanna July 24, 2008 at 7:42 pm #

I have unlimited texting, but will i be charged for emailing things to my phone???

83. LuLu July 24, 2008 at 8:41 pm #

hey there.
    well i got a huge list of songs to get and i got a bunch of phones cause i help get ringtones and everything and when i sign on. yeah everyone knows what came up. IM SOOOO UPSET. i cant wait till its fixed.

hope its soon.

84. Marsha July 24, 2008 at 9:17 pm #

Hi Johanna,

When you email the ringtone to your phone, it’s considered a PIX message, not just a regular text message. If you’re not sure about your PIX messaging plan, you should double check with Verizon.

I hope that helped. If you have any specific questions about your account, please send us a note and someone will get back to you soon.

Thanks and Enjoy!

85. Skot July 24, 2008 at 11:48 pm #

where is the download to computer button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

86. Marsha July 25, 2008 at 12:11 am #

Hi Skot,

Sorry for the confusion. It’s on the page displayed after you click the ‘Send to Phone’ button (Verizon users only).

87. steve July 25, 2008 at 12:28 pm #

Thanks for offering this site…I’ve told everybody I know about it. Please get the one-click process back
    !!

88. Ally July 25, 2008 at 1:08 pm #

hey i already saved the files n put the attachment on my email but how do i put my phone number in because if i just type my number it says its not formatted correctly…???

89. Ally July 25, 2008 at 1:15 pm #

nevermind i got it but the attachment isnt sending itz just a normal txt to my phone from hotmail.com

90. Skot July 25, 2008 at 4:32 pm #

Alright, i must just be stupid or something. Because I can’t find where to download directly to my computer. The sad thing is i have used this feature before. I’m registered as Verizon and click send to phone, and I still can’t figure out where to download it at. Please HELP!!!

SKoT

91. SuzieQ July 25, 2008 at 4:53 pm #

I have an LG phone and I can’t send songs to my phone at all. Please get it fixed. Verizon is stupid for making it so complicated!! it was much easier the old way and it ALWAYS worked!! I am unable to get the ringtones now!! UGH!! Thanks for all you guys are doing to try to get it figured out though!

92. Ryan July 26, 2008 at 3:00 pm #

I have an env2, and this new way works way faster and is alot better then the old service, i wouldnt care if they kept it this way, not to mention i know have backups of ringtones for when i have to upgrade phones. I think the problem is the free email systems, ive been using my college email system to send mine and the things are to my phone in about 20 seconds, no lie or exaggeration. So if any of you are in college and have like…jdoe@ttt.edu…try it, because these college networks are usually top of the line since there not like free emails such as yahoo and etc., and need to be obviously for all intents and purpouses. They work much faster and more efficient. Highly recomend it. So if you go to school and got an account, try it over your other ones.

93. Joy July 26, 2008 at 7:28 pm #

The screen where you download it and save
    does not come up anymore when I click on
    “send to phone.” Instead it sends the address to my phone anyways.

94. Jessica July 26, 2008 at 8:56 pm #

plzz hurry n get things back 2 da way it used 2 be cuz this way is not workin 4 me n i miss my ringtones i havent gotten nuthing
    this stinks

95. Speedy2222 July 26, 2008 at 11:57 pm #

I HAVE FIGURED IT OUT!!!

if u still want ringtones, go buy a $20 USB Bluetooth Dongle from Walmart, or online… once installed you can transfer songs, or stuff you’ve downloaded from this site to your phone.. once there it will be put under sounds.. select the sound and send it to yourself.. then save it as a ringtone and BLAM! there u go.. little longer in steps but IT DOES WORK!!! 100% GUARANTEED.. and if u wanted ringtones as bad as i did, you’ll send the money

if u have a mac, u already have bluetooth…

96. AK July 27, 2008 at 1:46 pm #

Argh. Verizon seems to always be a pain when it comes to things like this. They make us pay enough as-is without being this dang money-hungry!
    I hope you guys manage to get everything worked out and corrected because this alternative way of getting ringtones to our phones is messy for a lot of Verizon-users.

Good luck and best wishes to myxer! (I tell everyone about your site.) =D

~AK

P.S.
    When I customize a ringtone and then go to download it, why is the download only 20 seconds long?

97. jason July 27, 2008 at 2:04 pm #

Does anyone know the format to save a sound file to an micro sd card for my phone so that it can recognize it????

98. mber613 July 27, 2008 at 4:19 pm #

Followed (or tried hard) the instructions using Gmail and got this error message. Others are saying it works, but this sounds pretty final. Maybe it’s account-specific??
    ===============
    Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
    501515XXXX@vzwpix.com
    Technical details of permanent failure:
    Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 SMTP connection refused (state 18).

99. Gary July 27, 2008 at 5:19 pm #

Jason for my KRZR I have to make them .mid files for the phone to reconize them, but I can’t email those because the KRZR will save a .mid attachment to my sounds not my ringtones so the memory card trick won’t work for KRZRs.

mber613 keep sending them at different times. It is all hit and miss eventually you will receive them, and if you get them and the files get changed contact verizon and demand a credit for any pix messages that don’t work. Tell them the files got corrupted and you want arefund.

100. Marsha July 28, 2008 at 2:20 pm #

Hi Mber613 -

Unfortunately, Verizon’s email interface is a bit unreliable. Just make sure your ringtone isn’t too long (try 20 seconds at first) and try it again. It should eventually work.

Good luck. If you have any additional questions, please drop us a note and someone will get back to you soon.

Thanks for using Myxer!

101. Jason July 28, 2008 at 3:25 pm #

its pretty messed up when u got a business like verizon advertising on this site and sabotaging it at the same time….crazy world….

102. ashley July 29, 2008 at 2:47 am #

((((if you dont have the option to email it to yourself)))
    when you click to download the file click to save on your computer. it should save as a .mid file. then drag it to your sd memory card. and save it to your sounds. then just send it to yourself and you should get it.. just make sure you didnt make it to long.

103. Genelle July 29, 2008 at 9:17 pm #

I have a Dare phone can I figured out how to download to the phone but after the song plays the screen is blank and does not give the option to save as ringtone can anybody help me

104. Marsha July 31, 2008 at 11:47 am #

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for your post. Great suggestion! Email is just one way to get the file to your phone. If you know how to drag it to your sd memory card that should work too.

Thanks again!

105. buTTons August 1, 2008 at 12:10 pm #

I cant figure out how to save the ringtone to my computer!!! When i click send to phone the only thing it shows me is how to download the URL!!! i have a micro SD card and i would like to use that but how do i do that PLEASE HELP me i havent been able to get any ringtones since verizon cut off the one click process!!!

106. Robyn August 3, 2008 at 8:18 pm #

I have a razr, verizon; i can save the music only as sound and not as a ringtone. it does not give me the option to save as a ringtone or ringer id. i also have a memory card with my ringtones saved from a previous phone also a razr that had to be replaced. any suggestions of sending the sound ringtone to ringtone or ringer id? I have complained to Verizon and they tell me that all the phones are updated so you can only purchase the ringtones from them. I advised the Verizon person that this was a violation or our rights, she couldn’t tell me that we had to purchase the ringtones from verizon only. needless to say, she did not help. PS: love MYXR.

107. Marsha August 3, 2008 at 10:48 pm #

Hi buTTons,

That’s weird. Please send a note to our support team with your phone number so they can take a closer look at your account.

Thanks,

108. Jessie August 6, 2008 at 2:38 pm #

why cn wallpaper be snet stright but not ringtones???
    i am still able to get ym ringtone through my eamil that really helped (THANKS) but its soo much easier to get them stright to the phone i hope somethig happens soon
    thanks 4 all ur hard work u guys rock

109. allen August 11, 2008 at 7:02 pm #

where is the “download” link for ringtones? i see a download for the iphone link, but not a normal download file as mentioned in the faq/help files for verizon downloading?

i have the lg dare and trying to get some ringtones – any success stories with this phone…

110. Marsha August 11, 2008 at 9:17 pm #

Hi Allen,

Thanks for trying Myxer! The download link is on the page displayed after you click the ‘send to phone’ button. Good luck. If you have any additional questions, please drop us a note and we’ll be happy to help.

Enjoy your ringtones!

111. rob August 17, 2008 at 12:21 pm #

I don’t know what the problems is with my enV. every time I send the e-mail I can get it on the phone but when I go to save as ringtone, my phone shuts its self off. anyone else get this problem?

112. Nikki August 17, 2008 at 12:43 pm #

I tried Hotmail, it did not work. I tried GMail, it did not work. I tried Yahoo and my ringtone came thru in about 15 seconds! So try Yahoo and see if it works for you as well!

113. Jessica August 21, 2008 at 5:29 pm #

thanks soo much NIKKI
    i have tryed hotmail n i never got ne thing soo im
    try yahoo
    thanks again

114. Jessica August 21, 2008 at 5:40 pm #

never mind it didnt work lol
    thanks ne ways i wish we could just
    send it to our phone like the good old
    days :/

thanks again

115. meghan August 22, 2008 at 3:58 pm #

Message could not be delivered to mobile.
    Error: No valid recipients for this MM

how do i fix this

Original Message:
    To: 0123456789@vzwpix.com
    Subject: Check out Myxer – FieldsofAthenry
    Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 12:55:10 -0700

116. Jessica August 24, 2008 at 10:09 pm #

i got the same thing MEGHAN got soo i sent my slef and email from my phone and found a diff addres to send it to
    (ie.ur # @VTEXT.COM) instead of @vzwpic.com
    soo i thried to send that but got nothing soo im right back @ squar one what do i do know???

117. ACAP August 28, 2008 at 10:12 am #

JUST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW IF YOU HAVE A MEMORY CARD FOR YOUR PHONE SAVE THE FILE TO YOUR PC TRANSFER IT TO YOUR CARD THEN I FOUND YOU HAVE TO SEND THE FILE FROM YOUR “MY SOUNDS” FOLDER AS A PIC MSG TO YOURSELF THEN YOU CAN SAVE THE FILE AS A RINGTONE… THIS ALSO SAVES ON PIC MSGS PRICES IF YOU DONT HAVE A GOOD PLAN CUZ ITS A VZ 2 VZ PIC MSG… SO NO EXTRA CHARGES!!!

FYI I HAVE THE ENV2 AND IT WORKS IT ALSO WORKED ON MY LG8600 MY FRIEND HAS A KRZR AND IT DOESNT WORK FOR HER SHE STILL ONLY RECEIVES IT AS A SOUND CLIP

118. Jessica September 1, 2008 at 3:58 pm #

ok what has been working for me is to send my slef an email from my phone to my email of course then when u check ur email just reply 2 that message with a ringtone i have been doing it all day and u can do pic and tones @ da same time

119. patty September 3, 2008 at 3:01 pm #

If you’re sending it to yourself then keeping the sound file size under 100k keeps it in mp3 format, anything over that and they convert it to QCP.

120. Skye September 16, 2008 at 12:07 am #

any new progress?

121. Marsha September 16, 2008 at 1:20 am #

Hi,

We’re still working on being able to send ringtones directly to Verizon phone again. We definitely haven’t forgotten about you.

Hang in there and drop us a note if you have any specific questions about your account.

122. Morgan September 18, 2008 at 9:40 pm #

My mac is not allowing me to download the ringtone, it says it is not a movie. Also i cannot figure out how to move the sounds I have to ringtone form. It doesn’t seem to be working. :(

123. PLady September 21, 2008 at 6:25 pm #

Hey Marsha!
    Thank you seriously for your efforts! But its been a whiile now..
    PLEASE MOVE YOUR BUTTS AND FIX THIS.

124. Travis September 22, 2008 at 2:21 am #

i am on my ipod touch and i can send wallpapers to my phone just fine
    Except for jessica alba ones for some reason but when i go to deliver
    A ringtone an error comes up and it doesnt work at all. How can i fix this?
    Please email me at tedman.hello@gmail.com thank you

125. Marsha September 23, 2008 at 9:57 am #

Hi PLady,

We hear you and are “MOVING OUR BUTTS” to get this fixed. Unfortunately, the big guys don’t aways move as quickly as we do. Stay tuned. I’ll post an update as soon as we have some additonal info.

Travis,

Double check that the Jessica Alba ones are indeed wallpapers and not ringtones. If you still have trouble, please drop us a note with your account info and we’ll be happy to take a closer look.

Take care,