“Games” section gets an upgrade!

Myxer Games section

Myxer Games section

Greetings, loyal MyxerFans — there is some excellent news on the mobile games front, and we wanted to share it with you ASAP.

We just fixed a bug within our Games section, which has probably affected a great many of you for the better. Thanks to Myxer’s genius TechTeamâ„¢, folks using the mobile carriers mentioned below should check out our games section — we’ve updated our delivery system for these carriers, which means you might be able to snag gobs of ad-supported (read: free!) games for your phone:

• Sprint
  • AT&T
  • T-Mobiles (some, but not all, handsets are supported)

You’ve probably been using Myxer long enough to know that we’re committed to improving our service and delivery. To do that, we need your feedback! Please leave comments here on the blog if you have either a good or bad experience downloading games to your phone. Thanks!

in news with 16 Comments

16 Responses to ““Games” section gets an upgrade!”

1. crazymamma July 21, 2008 at 5:35 pm #

you need supported games for motorolla razr V3

2. the d z y July 21, 2008 at 11:25 pm #

it’s great that all sorts of games work…
    but those of us with Verizon not only cannot get games, but also cannot get ringtones, either not easily or for some, not at all. I only wish to make sure the Verizon users have not been forgotten. Thank you.

3. hawaiigurl July 21, 2008 at 11:45 pm #

It says that AT&T users are now able to have games on their phones but my Motorola Z9 doesn’t have any supported games for it. :(

4. matt July 22, 2008 at 5:54 pm #

its crazy that game dont work on verizon wirless phones. r u even working on getting games 2 b able 2 work on verizon wireless phones????

5. RedHawk July 22, 2008 at 6:17 pm #

How long until you can get games working on Verizon Wireless phones, specifically the enV2?

6. Oh REARRY?! July 23, 2008 at 4:24 am #

I tried getting ring tones for my phone a few days ago and nothing that I tried seemed to work(Verizon). I tried it today and it works without a hitch, and pretty fast I might add. Seriously, I just followed the instructions, it works!!

7. Brad July 23, 2008 at 10:47 am #

Lol getting ringtones to verizon is easy as fuck just email it.

8. Ciao July 24, 2008 at 12:19 pm #

Jeez guys relax. Let them work on getting ringtones to work first then we can get games. Baby steps. Baby steps. Oh and I agree with Brad. Email them and it works. Just make sure you have a subject and something, anything in the message. Aides the email. I got one as soon as I sent it.

9. cole July 24, 2008 at 10:32 pm #

why are all of the verizon people such jerks

your all like
    “are you even trying”
    “speed it up”

just shut up.
    theyl get it fixed when they do.

and im not saying anything against vzw users, cuz i am one

but someof you need to chill out.

atleast sometimes you get free ringtones

better than nothing

10. Adam July 25, 2008 at 8:43 pm #

Hey, I would love it if you would just allow the games to be tried to be sent to verizon. I have a blackberry and if the site didnt say they arent allowed then i would actually be able to send them. anyone with blackberry’s should be able to use them because they can be done OTA, or you could even download them to your computer and send them with desktop manager. No rush, but would be very appreciated. Good job working on the ringtone problem, also you should make note that they can be sent to blackberry’s by OTA once they are sent in a picture message as before, but they are sent as a link instead of the sound. Thank you and good luck!

11. Brian July 27, 2008 at 8:35 am #

When are games for verizon going to be availble?

12. the d z y July 27, 2008 at 9:18 pm #

I would like to ask those of you who insist e-mailing ringtones to verizon phones works fine to consider that more than a few of us have tried your ‘easy’ instructions, and still cannot get ringtones. I for one have only received striped e-mails or failed delivery notices. And I keep trying. And please, don’t assume that I am complaining. I am merely looking for an update on the verizon situation, as it has been some time now without word, and it is difficult to see any progress.

13. MrSpeed6 July 28, 2008 at 2:12 am #

!!!!!! ALL VERIZON USERS READ THIS!!!!

i have found a way easier way to get tones to your cell without emails it. its still some steps but not as many

here is the steps(works ONLY if u have a memory card and have some way to connect it to your comp via cable or card reader

here is what u do( memory card,memory card reader)

1. pick the tone u want

2. when it ask u to download it save it to Removable Disk(which is your memory card)

3. save it in the My Sounds Folder

4. after u are done with tht just send it to yourself as a pic message and U R DONE.

!!!!!!ITS WAY EASIER!!!!!

its way easier to do if u have a card. if u dont u will have to do it the way they tell u

14. MrSpeed6 July 28, 2008 at 2:15 am #

AS FOR THE GAMES i have not figured it out. if u still have some trouble message me and i will walk u threw it. MAKE SURE U HAVE A CARD)which u can get a small memory card for like 20 or 20.00 and a card reader or if u have a all in one preinter u can use tht. and i will walk u threw the steps more in detail or give u more specific details. its not hrd.

15. luckygrl July 29, 2008 at 2:30 pm #

For the verizion customers that r complaining if ur not happy with this service go someplace else its not like ur paying for it, if not have patience at least their trying to get it, and it might not be them it might just be ur network

16. Marsha July 31, 2008 at 11:19 am #

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your comments. We are still working on improving the delivery of ringtones to Verizon phones. In the meantime, make sure that the ringtone your are trying to send isn’t too long (start with 20 seconds max) and follow the instructions for downloading the ringtone and sending it via email after you click the ‘send to phone’ button.

For some reason, Verizon seems to have trouble delivering the emails from time to time. If you get an error message or it doesn’t work. just try it again. It should eventually work.

If you have any specific questions about your account, please drop us a note and someone will get back to you.

Thanks!